I caught them chugging sugar water about seven this morning. There was also a baby woodpecker hanging almost horizontal to fit his beak into the holes... He's at least twice as long as these two. I just missed that...I am going to leave the camera by the window. I have to have proof that my woodpeckers like sugar water as much as the next guy.
I ordered a couple of beading books from Amazon yesterday...That always leads to getting sidetracked into beading mode.
I got out a tray of half finished cabochons. That was as far as it got.
I then sidetracked from that into
I should never be left alone too long. When left to my own devices(pardon the pun) I get carried away.
You have seen some of the needlepoint cases that I do for remotes....This time I wanted something different. Since the Apple device is usually lost somewhere, I usually make some kind of bright colored cover for it...
This time, I grabbed some thread and a crochet hook, thinking that it would be much faster than needlepoint...It was. But Tessie is back with me now and she is not very polite.
I was working on it from the top down bottom up and when I got to the top, I decided it needed something more, since it wasn't colorful...Curls...Yup. That should do it...
Tessie came in, took one look at it and started rolling on the floor, laughing out loud. Until tears were running down her cheeks.
She kept trying to get the words out and finally, she shrieked, "Turn it upside down!!!" And then, "That thing looks like a Martian octopus having a panic attack!" Then she started rolling and laughing again.
So much for the crocheted cover...
I think that, knowing how I like tools that are beaded, I will stick with this one.
I was looking at old entries the other day and I beaded my pliers back in 2009 and they are still going strong. I use them almost every day. So theoretically, this cover should last 4 years or longer.
We shall see. I have to finish it first.
See you tomorrow.