Friday, June 21, 2013
I am down to the wire. Tessie is still holding out for Monday as the deadline.
I did the bolsters and pillows this morning.
Here are the things needed to do it.
You have seen me do the Tampax bolsters before. There is a tutorial under beds in the labels list.
I will go through it once more in an abbreviated version.
These were easy. No cutting of the tubes. The inner tube is just a tiny bit under three inches, so they did the job for the bolsters along the back of the bed.
They were covered with a layer of batting and then a layer of material. To this point, everything was glued.
Then the ends were gathered with a single thread.
Oops. I lied. I did cut the outer tube in half for the white, shorter bolsters.
When they were finished, I decorated the shorter ones with green bows at the ends.
Since the pillows will be glued in place, I opted for the kind made with index cards. Again, there is a tutorial elsewhere for these.
I made them 1 1/4" square. Cut two of the card. Glue on a layer of batting. Then cover with fabric.
Sandwich two together back to back and decorate the edges. Then, when they are dry, you can bend them to look slouchy.
I have dropped the other two boxes for the time being...Tessie wants this one done.
I am not sure of the reasoning, other than the fact that she wants me to work on her stuff.
I am really close. We just need a few more things for the inside and a finishing coat for the floor.
She is still fighting me for the hat, but I am bigger than she is... Maybe, just maybe, I will win.
Wish me luck!
See you tomorrow.