Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

You Had to Ask???

This morning I went to read the mail and Giac got me in trouble! 

I have been quietly working on the Tudor 1/4" in the bedroom, when Tessie isn't around.

Unfortunately, she saw Giac's comment on yesterday's blog and now I have a watchdog.

MiniTessie, has been sent in to supervise....

There she is in all her glory...Guarding the front door.
I managed to work around her and finish the wallpaper and trim on five of the rooms in the tower this morning.

I cut the paper yesterday.  If you have never done quarter inch, the easiest way to do this is, cut a strip the height of the room.  Then, starting at one edge, line it up vertically. Smooth it to the back corner and crease it....Then, holding that corner, smooth it to the other back corner.  Crease it.  Make sure that it is correct then crease the front corner  and cut on the fold.

If you put Yes glue on the back, you can lay it in just as you did when measuring.  Smoothing as you go.  Then make sure that it is well into the corners and glued down good along the front edges,  That's all there is to it.

I have pretty much decided that this is not for miniTessie.  She is unaware of the fact, so don't tell her!

I am seriously thinking of trying to knock the middle wall on the bottom floor out to make a larger kitchen...

This morning I decided on the room arrangement.  I had it all arranged.  Then I remembered that it needed bedrooms for adults...I had a nursery room in the tower, but no bedrooms anywhere...Duh!

The top tower room is to be an observatory.  Thus the stars outside.

I am thinking that the owner is a wizard on the side and can call up the darkness whenever he wants to stargaze.

The sofa and table are my own designs.  The sofa may not stay here. 

The desk needs staining.  It's a kit that someone brought back from one of the NAME conventions.

If you blow it up, you can see a chair in front of the desk.  The bottom half is one of the plastic ones, the top back is a piece of one of the fans that I was using on the Russian house.

Speaking of things I made.  I don't think that I have ever showed you this.

If you want to do 1/4" rugs, not work on 48 or finer mesh and still get  a pretty good looking rug, this is how to do it.

I came up with this about 15 years ago.  The fabric is #22 hardanger.  It was rust colored.  I just used two colors of thread and blackwork stitches.  In other words, all straight stitches. 

This rug is 1" by 1 1/2".  It didn't take long to make because I didn't have to fill in the background.  I have a couple other ones around here someplace.  I will have to see if I can find them, to show you.

Anyway, that's all I have to report to you....Unfortunately, what with Giac's comment, I have to  report to Tessie instead.  She is hoping for  a quick finish on this one, so that I can get back to work on stuff for her.  I think that she already suspects that miniTessie isn't going to be the new owner.  Immediate loss of interest.  Immediate, "Hurry up and finish, Casey!"

I have to go back to work.  Tessie is rummaging around for a whip and a chair to keep me in line.

See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

Phyllisa said...

Hi Casey. The Tudor house is looking good! I like your idea of using colored #22 hardanger cloth for rugs. I may even try it for 1/12 scale.
Phyllisa

Lucille said...

I love that window in the observatory!

mcddiss said...

creo que trabajar esa escala tan pequeña es una proeza , me gusta mucho el observatorio y el sillon me encanta,no dejes que Tessy asuma todo el control, sino estaras perdida

besitos

Mari

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
I'm just going to say "hello" so as not to get you in trouble again!
Big hug,
Giac