Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Moving Right Along...

Yesterday, Walter brought home a present...He said that he bought it for my benifit... He neglected to add that he would have to drink what was inside.(rum)

He found this case at Costco.  He needed a gift for the Christmas party exchange at Raytheon.  Then he decided that we needed one too.  He knows what I like.  Now all I have to do is figure out how to get him to choose his own gift at the exchange and I will have two.  I wonder if that's legal?

For some reason, this reminds me of Doctor Who's Tardis.  Now, if I could only figure out how to make the inside larger than the outside...

Zar is trying to talk Tessie into trying it out....Notice his hand firmly on the lock...Notice her hand securly on the knob that the lock will have to go on....Complete standstill in negotiations.

I spent the morning finishing the trim on the backside of the Russian cottage.

I cheat a lot.  I cut the wood to size and paint it before applying it to the house.  It saves a lot of touch ups.

What did we do before the invention of painter's tape?  Love that stuff.
 I "watched" six episodes of "Castle" on Hulu, while working.  They are a lot shorter without all of the long commercial breaks, so they don't take as long as you would think.

Anyway, the back side is essentially finished.

It's a good thing.  I was running out of lace for trim.

All I have to finish on the outside/inside is the two windows and the door.

I did a bit of finishing on the fireplace alcove.  I am going to have to start making furnishing decisions soon. 

I need to hunt up the Russian cottage websites that I found when I was originally working on this.  I think that the URLs  for them are in the original entries about the Russian Cottage. 

You will have to entertain yourself whilst I go look.  It may take a while.

See you tomorrow.

5 comments:

Phyllisa said...

Hi Casey. I love the wood box! I will have to see if I can get one.
It is small, so it may take some
thinking to come up with the
perfect use for it. Let me know
what you decide.
Phyllisa

Linda said...

Oooh, that case does look like the Tardis! :) What a great find!

A. Wright said...

I saw that box and thought "Tardis" even before I read that paragraph ;)

Alicia said...

I instantly thought Tardis too! Was great to see it wasn't one of those moments when I reference Dr Who and no one else gets it.

Crazy idea here, but what if you decorated to 1" scale on the outside, but then somehow switched scales when you opened the door? Maybe to 1/4th?

mcddiss said...

me gusta mucho el regalo de Walter, seguro que pronto encontraras que hacer con el,a mi tambien me gusta "Castle", es muy entretenida , veo que siguen los avances en la casa rusa y tienes razon la cinta de pintor es un buen invento

besitos

Mari