Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, October 5, 2012

Another Curtain Call....

This morning, my friend Joan came over for a few hours of minis...A good time was had by all.

She found a new doll mold at Michael's for a dollhouse sized lady.  You push the poly clay in the mold parts and then you are responsible for the back sculpting....That's the hard part.

Between the two of us, with her doing the work and me making silly suggestions, she got two parts finished.  At one point, she said it looked like a character from "Planet of the Apes".  Shortly after that I suggested that she turn it into Gargamel from the Smurfs, so she wouldn't have to put hair on the head.....That should give you some idea of how it was going...I guess you had to be there to understand what fun we were having...

Anyway, I got another curtain pinned, sprayed and fitted.  Hey!  That's progress!

I now have only one curtain to go!

Tessie was standing by and when I said that she could try it out, she couldn't wait.  She brought in a ringer.  The gypsy that has been telling fortunes in the Witches Warehouse since day one.

 Since the gypsy has never had a name, Tessie has been calling her "Junior".  The explanation? 

Tessie explained with, "If we call her junior, it will be easier to change the name of the place...It's much easier just to add "Jr." than to print a whole new name.

Personally, I think Tessie just wants to keep her name on the booth, even though someone else is doing all the fortunetelling.

Junior is in trouble already.  She flounced in.  Turned her back on Tessie and announced, "Hi Zar.  My name is Tessie Junior and I will be reading your palm today."  She totally ignored Tessie...Zar grinned a lot. 

I walked away.  I didn't want to see any of the bloodshed when things erupted.  I am now going to work on the last curtain, with the door closed.

See you tomorrow.

6 comments:

Kathi said...

Just checking in to see what Casey and Co have been up to today...
Love the new blue and red curtains.
Will there be beads too? Please? :D

Caseymini said...

You're way ahead of me, Kathi! Those come a little later....

dalesdreams said...

Sounds like you had a good time.

The curtains are really looking great.

Lucille said...

I love the new curtains. I never thought of beads, but it certainly would be gypsy-like! I also love that little table. I'm surprised, though, that you painted it pink. I always thought you were not a pink lover.

Caseymini said...

Lucille, I am not sure why the table looks pink in the photos. It is actually a terracotta tile color...I think that I will be changing it. It doesn't look right in the photos.

mcddiss said...

que divertido hacer miniaturas con las amigas,aunque a veces no salgan como queremos , me gusta mucho como estan quedando las cortinas

besitos

Mari