Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, July 20, 2012

It's Going to Work!

It was another one of those days when real life intruded on minis.  I did get the bed frame put together...I didn't get it strung.

Zar is slightly frustrated because he can't move the magnets.  I almost can't.  They are very strong.
Here you can see how I had to brace the side pieces so that they would center on the posts.

I simply slid a couple of the side covers from one of the magnets under either end of the rail to hold it in place until the glue dried.

You may be wondering what interfered with the minis.  A small person with the name Amare and his mom, my daughter April, accompanied him.

He is 8 months old and standing(holding on to things).  He is just plain more fun than miniatures at this time.
OK.  Back to the bed.  After company left, we tried it in Nellie's quarters.  It takes up the same floor space as the canopy bed, but it seems much smaller.  Not a lot of bulk.

Once it is dressed, I think that it will be perfect.  It doesn't hamper the vision of the rest of the room at all...

Nellie actually approved!  I will go back to work on it tomorrow.  I just had to play today.

See you then.

No comments: