Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Inside and Out!

Remember that six year old with the short attention span? I have decided that her attention span is fine. It's her mind changing abilities that I now question...

I kept trying to talk myself into being happy with just a little texture on the walls of the weaver's cottage. The six year old kept rebelling against it.

I went and bought new gesso a couple of days ago. The old jar was hard as a rock and not much left anyway.

Yes. Another of those early morning thoughts wandering around in my brain was keeping me awake. There is only one way to squelch those. Do what has to be done.

At the same time that I was thinking that it needed more texture, I was thinking that it really isn't the right shape for a fairytale cottage. It wants to be friends with the Crooked Cottage.

Sooo.....This morning I spent several hours coating the inside and the outside completely with gesso and more gesso...

I slapped it on with a 1"brush and then textured it with an old, stiff bristled, oil painting brush. I couldn't find my stencil brush. Somebody please remind me where I left it last.

The first thing I did was the inside of the inglenook. That was the toughest. It already had half timbers and chimney in place. It took me longer than two or three other walls. I had to work around the timbers.


It is now 10:00AM and I am done!!! About three hours wasted, standing on my head and painting with both hands.

Now I am back where I started...Close to it anyway.

I am going to get this right if it kills me!

I took the recessed doorway out of the entrance. That gives me another whole inch to play with all across the front.

I am now thinking of leaving the little windows on the second floor. It adds interest to the outside and when the loom is there, they won't be noticed much from the inside.

Tessie and Zar are happy with it....They didn't have to do it.

I am now going back to the real world and do real stuff for a while now. Maybe later today I will go back to painting....Just not yet....Not for a while anyway.

See you tomorrow.

5 comments:

My Journey To Celebrating Life said...

As long as Tessie and Zar are happy with I am happy too. I thought I was the only one who works hours on a project, change my mind to go back to the original idea. Your house looks great and I love Tessie and Zar adventures. Hugs, Felma

Fabiola said...

I like the interior walls. Great job.
Bye Faby

Lucille said...

Pretty fantastic job, Casey! You got a lot done on that house in only a few hours. You certainly are a good role model for people like myself who don't get a lot done! Ha Ha! I think I'm getting the urge to do something, like digging the channels for the lights. I have all the equipment ready to do the job and all the lights. Everything is positioned in the dollhouse just awaiting Her Highness's pleasure!

Phyllisa said...

Hi Casey. I am THINKING of spackling the inside and outside of the unfinished cottage I have. That way I will not need to do wallpaper.But I may change my mind.
Phyllisa

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
I applaud you for just persevering till you get the exact effect you want. It is looking beautiful, and I like the windows.
Keep up the inspiring work,
Hugs,
Giac