Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, February 17, 2012

Holding Out....

OK. I worked on the fireplace this morning and after taking the photos, I am going to do a little more to it.

Here's the before photo. I finished laying the brick and using the ball stylus on all of the lines between.

In the next one, I have added a lot of pencil work with the Prismacolors. I used mostly black and different shades of brown. I also did a bit of gray washing on the marble. I usually put that on in streaks and then move it around with my fingertips.

There is a grain to marble, just like wood. The veins tend to run and branch in the same direction.

When I finished with veining with a Pigma .oo5 pen, I tried it in the radio. I think that I need to do a bit more veining. Right now it looks a bit to regular and striped. I may add just a touch of light green to make it blend into the surroundings. It is a bit too stark white right now.

It is interesting that I don't see what's wrong until I look at the photos.

I am in hot water this morning!

I left one of the fat quarters of fabric in the car....

Tessie has been on a rant about it since I found it and brought it into the house.

It looks like a new apron is due.

She has been dragging the fabric around the house and will not put it down. She announced to all that would listen, "A dreadful injustice was done! Casey tried to abscond with the best piece of fabric! She didn't want me to see it. She was trying to hide it, so that I couldn't have a new apron!!!".

On and on. I have been having to listen to this all morning. I guess that the only way to hush her up is to start building a new apron.....Like she needs another one? I am of the opinion that she doesn't really like the fabric at all. She just wants to distract me from the radio. Jealousy is rampant!

Anything to keep me busy and out of trouble.

See you tomorrow.

7 comments:

Lucille said...

Har! Har! Har! Casey. I suspect you're just in the mood to make an apron! I love the wood on the fireplace. I agree about the veining, though as you well know, I am no expert. Let us say that I am an expert examiner! That I am. Everyday, I tell myself that today I won't look at blogs. Instead I'll do work on my own minis. I need to finish my house. Help!

Troy said...

The fireplace looks absolutely great! Good job.

otterine said...

The firebox looks great! :D

Heather said...

Hahaha! A great injustice I'm sure XD

Of course, it is lovely fabric, I can see why she would *think* she needed an apron from it!

The fireplace looks absolutely lovely.

Josje said...

experienceThe fireplace looks great! I really like it. And the fabric is very pretty, I think it will look rather nice on Tessie (I hope she doesn't read this).

Caseymini said...

First of all, Lucille, Josje and Heather, you should know by now that Tessie wants a new apron from every piece of miniature fabric that comes in the house!

Thanks for all of the nice comments on the fireplace....I am going to change it this morning. It's too white!

Fabiola said...

The fireplace is fabulous!
Bye Faby