Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Color of Jaundice

"Ugh!?! You're joking!.......Please tell me this is a joke!!! I am already starting to feel sick! This is an abomination!" That was Tessie after I painted the first wall of the living room. Over reacting much?

Unfortunately, I had to agree. It looks even yellower to the camera than it does to the naked eye. The wicker seems to fade into the background and the yellow becomes the dominate force in the room....Ick.

After Tessie's reaction, I immediately scrubbed it down and started over.

This time I tried Tessie's favorite Ceramcoat Trail Tan. Since I met her, I seem to go through bottles of that more than any other color....


I have to agree that it definitely shows off the wicker better.

Both walls in the photo are painted the same color. That's one of the things that I don't like about this house. It is very hard to get a photo of the true color. It's like shooting photos in a tunnel. The wall by Tessie is accurate. The other one is the exact same color....Different lighting angle.

When I finished the painting, I moved the furniture over to the other side of the room. I took a couple of photos and......instant gray. Again, it's the screwy lighting. These walls are also trail tan now.

I am going to wait until I have everything finished and then set up some better lighting and take some serious photos.

At least the wall no longer looks blue. Tessie and Zar don't seem to notice that the walls are weird. I am just going to sneak away and let them enjoy the new paint job. Here's hoping it's the last one.

I have a lot to do today in real life as well as mini, so I had better get at it.

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Lucille said...

Madame Tessie looks quite pleased as she relaxes in her salon in the company of her ever loyal companion!

Marisa said...

like Tessie I too like that color I may paint my living room walls that color..but not today.

Claudia said...

I was the color of jaundice this past summer, and let me tell you, it isn't pretty!

xo
Claudia