Or maybe I should say, I turned them around so that you could see the other side. I am very pleased with the way that they turned out.
I went back to work on the radio this morning. I am doing the floor now.
I already had a piece cut out that fits the main part of the floor. I cut strips of some unknown kind of wood veneer that I purchased at the mini show in October. It isn't walnut, cherry or mahogany and I am not sure that I like it now that I have it stained.
I cut it with the Microlux saw into strips that were 3/8" wide. Then I cut the strips to 1 1/2" long.
I drew a line down the center and started at the front. That part is the least fun to do. It has to have pieces cut to fit.
I did fussy cutting on the pieces as I went. That's what they call it in quiltmaking and that's what it is when you are laying floors too.
It looks crooked in this photo, because nothing is fastened down. Nothing stays straight.
When I finished laying the floor in the herringbone pattern, I stained it with Minwax Red Mahogany. That is what someone used on the fireplace. That is made of bass wood and takes the stain nicely.
Unfortunately, the mystery wood doesn't take a coat as evenly as bass wood does.
I still have to sand it and then I will put another coat of stain on it to see if that evens it up and turns it a bit redder.
Anyway, that is about as far as I am willing to go today. I have had enough fun for now.
I am in the middle of watching a Korean series, called "City Hunter" on Netflix and it is difficult to read subtitles and work on minis at the same time. I think that sock knitting is in season again.
See you tomorrow.