Still working on the attic. As you can see, in the first photo, I stained the floor. I used Provincial Minwax stain. There are some spots where the stain didn't take as well...I anticipated that. When some of the glue oozed up between the boards, I just wiped it, without attempting to get it all off. I wanted some wear and tear and this is one way to get it so that it looks like some of the stain has worn off or something has been spilled that damaged the stain.
Next, I went for the rafters and the baseboard trim. Somewhere in time, the owners had plans to turn it into a rec room. So they painted over the existing rafters. I used 1/8" b5 1/16" stock to depict these. I used one inch scale baseboards around the bottom edge, because the roof slants to the floor in some places and in others it is cut off and goes straight down. I hid the fact that it did this with the wider boards.
I painted the rafters white before installing them. I didn't feel like either turning myself or the house upside down to paint them after they were installed.
The last step was ageing the walls a bit. The homeowners never got around to putting a Foosball table up there. Instead they started hauling no longer needed furniture and other things to the top of the house...
It is hard to see in the photo, but effective in real life. I used brown and charcoal grey pastels that I shaved into a paper plate. I put them on with a brush, along the top of the baseboards and part of the way up on the slanted ceiling.
I still have to finish shingling. I am down to the tower now. That is fun....Not. It is curved inward. I have to allow for the curve and curve the edges of the shingles on the ends.
I must be going now.
See you tomorrow.