Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

One of Us Is Working....

Remember the old story about Nero fiddling whilst Rome burned? Today it is Tessie fiddling whilst Casey works.....

I started about six this morning. I was determined to get some of the boring stuff out of the way.

I finished laying the floor in the attic. It still needs to be stained. I wanted it to look like it was the original floor, with all of the gaps and edge buckling that old floors....I think that I succeeded
beyond my wildest dream....It was intentional. I can lay a flat floor when I want to. Honest....

I am currently working on the back side of the roof....Or maybe it is the side side? It all depends on what you consider the back and the side. I think it must be the side side. The front door is on the wall to the left and the kitchen is on the far right...Yup, it's the side side....

Anyway, I think that doing the boring stuff gives me too much time to think about what side is what. There are too many sides, backs and fronts to this house. That's why I keep finding more places that have to be bricked and shingled.

I did try the bricks that I cut. I didn't like them. I am debating on which method I want to try next.....

Now, about Tessie fiddling....I was watching something that she really wasn't interested in, on Netflix. I went out of the room to get a Pepsi.

When I returned and tried to find the control for Netflix, I couldn't find it.....Then I noticed that, strangely, "The Vampire Diaries" was playing.

I put two and two together and this is how it added up...

Tessie was relaxing on the balcony of the townhouse with a pitcher of bug beer and a plate of cold cuts. And yes, she was fiddling with the remote.

I attempted once to get it away from her. She slapped my hand.

She is happily poking the remote to fast forward every time that the vampire guys leave the picture. As soon as she gets them back, she starts it again...I don't think that she is following the story at all....Just following the cute vampy guys, as she calls them.

Hey, if that's what it takes to keep her out of my hair while I am working, I will gladly let her fiddle with the remote.

Now. I am close to finishing the shingles. I have to get back to work.

See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

Marisa said...

I agree with Tessie those vamp boys are cute I like them and those super cute Winchester Brothers on Supernatural...Im a Dean Winchester/Damon Salvatore girl myself ..I have a thing for bad boys

Lucille said...

I like your floors, Casey. What kind of wood did you use to make them? Did you make the shingles yourself and if so, what kind of wood did you use? I like how you placed them on the roof. They contribute a certain charm!

Amie said...

The floor looks great, my wood floor looks like that, unintentinal it was suposed to be straight.

Caseymini said...

Lucille, I used what I always use for half inch shingles and floors. I buy the Japanese wooden calendars, made from really thin wood, with pretty scenes on the front. The back is always very nice wood. I have a supply because if I see one for sale, I buy. Usually at garage sales.

Browny, if I want straight floors, I use a harder wood like walnut of cherry. Less warpage.