Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

It's All Your Fault!!!

OK....I should have never opened up the argument of which bed Tessie should have... I then foolishly published the comments and Tessie read them. It's not really your fault. I did it to myself.

The trouble is, now Tessie is happily raiding the whole house for things that she wants in the townhouse....Cordelia is short one hand carved walnut dressing table, with matching stool.

She is blithely sitting on the front stoop with Eskiaga, talking. She doesn't know it is missing yet. When she finds out, she is going to be pretty upset. I will just have to bite the bullet and make her a new one so that Tessie can keep the walnut one.

I did confront her about it. She just looked down the end of her nose at me and said, "It matches the bed. I am NOT giving it back. It doesn't really go with Cordelia's bedroom." That was the end of that....It really doesn't.

Her bedroom is more tailored. Truth be told, I stuck it in there to fill the space, because I was too lazy to make another one. What goes around, comes around.

I designed and carved this dressing table back in the early nineties. It is no particular period. It just is.

The seat cushion is hand embroidered with silk on 35 count linen. The whole thing is about 1 1/2" square.

As I said, Tessie has no doubt that it is now hers. She is already stocking it with her toiletries. No. It's not installed yet, but that makes no difference. This is her way of laying claim to it.

Oops! I just saw the baby roadrunner getting a drink. All is silence in the yard when he is around. I can't call him a baby anymore. He is more like a teenager.


I am going to have to start chasing him out. He will be a danger to other birds and squirrels when he is full grown.

He will probably double the size he is now before he is finished. Make no mistake...He is a predator....Not the cute one that gets chased by the coyote. There is more truth to the cartoon than you know. They are smart and they are fast.

For now, he is welcome.... The first time I see him go after a bird, he's out of here.

See you tomorrow.

6 comments:

Maru said...

I know what you said about the roadrunner, we have some parrots and we like to be with them in the garden, with no cages. But one of us have to be with them always because we live nearest a natural park and everyday a kite, falcon or similar comes to visit us looking for his dinner. They look so pretty when they are babies, but you never could forget that they are predators. Tomorrow I will take some pictures of our parrots and show you them.
Hugs

Minteriors said...

I'm impressed! The vanity is darling. I was blown away when you said you had carved it yourself. You are a talented miniaturist!!! Wow!

Lataina said...

Casey, I love the design on the stool! It's beautiful! =)

Lucille said...

Such a beautiful little table and the embroidery on the stool is so pretty! Casey, I'm very curious to know what you will do to get rid of the roadrunner? How will you do that? Since I don't live in the desert, the thought never entered my mind that people need to get rid of them.

Claudia said...

First of all, I cannot believe you carved that gorgeous piece of furniture! Wow.

I'm sure it must be a challenge - wanting to nuture the baby roadrunner and then having to give him the gate when he gets bigger.

xo
Claudia

Caseymini said...

Lucille, I will simply go out in the back yard and make lots of noise. If that doesn't do it, he will get a bath with the hose. That does the trick every time.