OK. I got up this morning and decided that the chaise was not coming out like I pictured it. I forgot that the back of the bottom end had to be a step out from the top one, to compensate for the thickness of the back.
I built that out with a strip of foam core, slashed at 1/4" intervals. The skirt went over that. I am not sure that I like either the fabric or the tailored style of the chase so far.
I kept going anyway.
I cut the back from foam core and slashed the piece lengthwise about 1/4" apart, not cutting through the front side of the paper. This allows the foam core to bend without breaking.
I then wrapped the top of the back in batting....Then I looked at it from all angles and immediately hated it.
I have done this particular style of chase one to many times...Ick! I am tired of it.
As of now, I am officially on another track. I decided to do a petal shaped back on it. Right now it is merely a prototype. I need to get the petals the exact shape and size that I want them.
I think that the center petal in the back has to be just a little higher and the side petals need to go a bit lower.
These will all be covered with a layer of batting and then with fabric. When they are right, they will fit together perfectly. Then all I will have to do is make a shaped outer back.
Hopefully, I will be back tomorrow with the finished article. Tessie is getting anxious and starting to twitch...."Chaise! I want it now! Chaise with petals....NOW!
Back to work.
Twitchy Tessie and I will see you tomorrow.
Calendario de adviento. Día7
1 hour ago