I heard no "Thank you for the safety rails!" No "Nice work, Casey!". After spending the morning building the wrought iron...(wood) railings to go around the top of the trailer, all I got was the title of this entry...
I managed to find just enough channel molding to make the railings. I had about a quarter of an inch left over....Don't tell anybody, but I had to make the garden portion a bit smaller than I was going to. But now that I have it done, I kind of like it.As you can see, I cut the channel molding to the length that I needed for each si
de. One top and one bottom piece for each. Then I tore apart one of those handy dandy bamboo place mats. I cut those in two and a half inch pieces.
I then marked the channel at one inch intervals. I glued the uprights between the top and bottom rails. The corner posts were cut at 3" so that I would have a bit of room underneath the bottom rail to sweep the dirt off of the roof.
When I had it all glued together, I painted it black and put it in place.
I put the plants in place and the Terrible Two came to look.
They completely ignored me. Zar perched on the corner of the fence and Tessie ventured out a couple of steps.
They had the poor little apple tree in the center of the garden area. I hate to admit it, but they were right. It needs a bigger tree. The little one is hard to see.
I went and borrowed the orange tree out of the mid century modern room.
Zar put it in the corner....They were right for once. Much better....In fact, perhaps even a bit larger would look good.
That only means that I will be stuck(pardon the pun)gluing on foliage, leaf by leaf, for hours. I don't trust them with the glue. If they did it, they would attempt to glue one another to the side of the trailer or something even worse. And I am sure that they could come up with something even worse.
I still have to do the railing up the stairs on the other end of the trailer....No more channel molding. I will have to think on this problem whilst sticking on leaves.
See you tomorrow.