As you can see, I simply cut wood the height that I wanted the pavilion and some more the width. The corner posts are 1/4" square walnut and the cross pieces and braces are plain old bass. I needed more strength in the uprights.
I put together the two sides, one at a time in the gluing jig to make sure that they were square.
I cut some 1" diagonals for the corners of the top. They will be covered with the pavilion tent when finished.
Next I turned the frames upside down and glued cross pieces between the sides and added the little corner pieces to those too. I put the bottom cross pieces in place to hold everything square.Now it has to dry some more. That's the hardest part of the process. Waiting for glue to dry is boring, so I put Zar on that job. He has to make sure that everything stays in place and the whole thing doesn't fall apart.
Meanwhile Tessie and I are still sorting beads and.....(don't tell anybody) I started another cabochon.
Tessie is still hoping against hope that they are all for her. "Don't hold your breath, Tessie...."
If any of you seriously want to try some of this, here are two books that I highly recommend. They tell you everything that you need to know, if you have never done this kind of beading before. Even as an experienced beader, I love them. They not only are informative, but they have lots of pretty pictures. I am a sucker for pretty pictures...I got both of them from Amazon. The one with two authors is a couple of years old. The one by Sherri S. alone is brand new.
Anyway, that's my triple threat for the day. Glue drying, beadwork and book reviews.
See you tomorrow.