Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, April 8, 2011

"Hurry! Take the Picture!!!"

I was bad...I talked Tessie into making a little more of the shrinking potion this morning. I wanted her in a photo with the platform for the bed to see if it would work.

She informed me that the portion of the potion that she took(three droplets) would only hold for a few minutes. That's why she yelled the title.....I say yelled.....Actually, I could just barely hear her.

Anyway, I managed to get a couple shots before she burst out to her regular size. I think that she has had about enough of that, unless she does a bit of adjusting of the ingredients. Both times she has come out of the spell, gasping. I don't think that it is good for her constitution.

She is getting into the spirit of the project however. She dug through the workroom and found some old micro chips that may work for tiles if we paint them, or maybe even use the back sides and stain them after they are in place. I have had them for years and could never think of anything to do with them. Now I am glad that I saved them.

She also gets credit for finding the cards of plastic 1/4" furniture that I bought last year.

I used to use a lot of this. It is easily bashed. It can be cut and carved with an Exacto and glued with E-6000 or Fast Grab. You know....The smelly glues in tubes.

I am very disappointed in the new cards. They have changed several things on them. To name a couple, The chair seats are no longer square. They taper from back(widest part) to front(narrow) I have never seen a chair shaped like this in real life and I imagine that I will have to do some bashing just to use them at all. I guess the manufacturers thought to save a bit of money on plastic and that was the easiest way to do it.

The other thing that they changed was the dry sink for the kitchen. If you poke the photo you can see the old types in front of the packages. Now I ask you, how do you use a dry sink if there is no hole in the top for the water?? That change doesn't even make sense.

I am taking the rest of the day off to ponder skinny fronted chairs and dry sinks that don't have a sink. Well...Not really. Today is our anniversary and Walter and I are going to a movie and lunch. He took the day off to celebrate.

The next entry will either be one with solutions to the furniture problems of a pile of plastic scraps.

See you tomorrow.

7 comments:

Lucille said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Walter, Casey! I have the same plastic furniture which I purchased more than fifteen years ago and I have the same problem you have with the sink but the chairs are okay.

Claudia said...

Happy Anniversary! Poor Tessie. I know for a fact that shrinking takes a lot out of a person.

xo
Claudia

Phyllisa said...

Okay, cat's out of the bag! I clicked on the photo of Mini Tessie
and she has on a green print apron.
"Larger" Tessie has a blue print apron."Mini" has officially made her debut.
She is so cute!
Phyllisa

Phyllisa said...

P.S. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! AND MANY MORE!
Phyllisa

Lataina said...

LOL....I can't get enough of teeny Tessie!!!

Happy Anniversary, Casey! Have a beautiful day!!! =)

Caseymini said...

Phyllisa, The dresses were cut from the same piece of fabric. They are exactly the same!LOL

Kelli said...

Happy anniversary to you and Walter! Love Tessie showcasing the itty bitty minis too :)