I am using every scrap of a fat quarter of the black and white. I have maybe a piece 1" by 9" left....That can go in the box that is labeled "Scraps too small to do anything with.". It is also called a waste basket...
I did run a basting thread through the top of the ruffles. They will have to be folded over the rails of the canopy and have to be fairly flat. Now I am going through the spray and wait routine. I am going to have to do a bit of piecing on the valence, just as I did on the skirt at the bottom. No worries though. I have just enough. For the side curtains, I did the pleating just the same as I would for window curtains.
The only difference is, I didn't put a wooden stabilizer in the one straight pleat. I do that on regular curtains so that they will hand right.
I use a wood strip that is 1/16" by 1/4" by however long the curtain is. It makes the curtains hang naturally.
For the bed curtains, I didn't do this because The straight pleat will be glued directly to the headboard side post. As for the skirt, I glued on the strips of ribbon at the bottom before pleating.
Someone asked if the hairspray messes up the glue under the ribbon. The answer is no. I have never had anything come loose with the hairspray process.
This part is going to take a while to dry and I have some real life things that have to be done, so I am going to leave the rest of the bed for tomorrow's blog.
Now my only problem is getting Tessie to move so that I can use the hairspray on everything again. I won't say that she is anxious to have this finished, but she is ready to pull out the pins at a moment's notice.
I guess that I am going to have to distract her with something on the iPad. I noticed that "Practical Magic" is one of the "new arrivals". Maybe that will do it..... I have to go spray now.
See you tomorrow.