Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Monday, February 28, 2011

Two Six Year Olds, Together....

Tessie and I are two of a kind....Usually. Hopping from one project to another one is normal for us.

This morning, as I was eating breakfast, I realized that today is the 28th and I haven't even started copying names down from the comments for the drawing. Procrastination is sometimes my middle name. So.....I went to work. I kept getting off track, looking at your blogs.

I have many more entries than I thought I would have. I realized that, if I want to do this right, it is going to take more time than I thought it would.

Tessie kept herself busy for the first hour with the tatting that she started yesterday. She decided to get serious and work on something that would go with her hair....Orange naturally, I mean the thread not her hair.

When she tired of that, she came in and tried to distract me for a while. When that didn't work, she glared at me and said, "You are NO kind of fun at all! Lots of emphasis on the NO part. She stomped away and Went and found the bargello pillow that we started a couple of days ago. She did about a half a row of lighter pink.

That took up another hour and seven minutes. Then she came back and tried the whinging and whining routine...."I'm bored...There's nothing to do...."

I replied with, "Tessie, I am very busy. See all of these nice comments? I have to read them all and make a list for you to draw from."

She watched from her place atop the dictionary.

Then she asked, "Can't I just close my eyes and pick from the names on the screen?"

"No Tessie. There are well over 100 comments and you can't see them all on the screen at one time."

With that, she disappeared again. After the next hour, I took a break and ate lunch, then I went to see what she was doing.

At least she is consistent....Meaning that every time I saw her she was being her typical six year old self.

This time she found one of the baskets that I "lost" somewhere when I was preparing for the talk on baskets at the museum.....Hmmmmm....Maybe she will finish it. I am still out of basket mode for the present.

As for me, I am not being a six year old, but I don't think that this is going to get finished today. I don't know what I was thinking when I said I would close the drawing one day and have the results the next. It just isn't going to happen.

I thought about extending the deadline for entries, but that wouldn't be fair. I am, however going to give myself a little more time. I just can't have it done by tomorrow.

The results will be up on Thursday morning bright and early. That's a promise. Stay tunedI have to go pull Tessie out of the workroom now. She is looking for something else to do and making a royal mess of it.

Then I am going back to putting names on little slips of paper, between time out for housework, laundry and other mundane happenings. I think that tonight's deadline should stay where it is, but I need more time to finish.

See you tomorrow.

7 comments:

jose said...

that good worker and assistant haci go out for you such mini works

Trina said...

Hi Casey,

I just thought I'd let you know, for any future contests you host, that if you Google "random integer generator" it will come up with a site where you can put in a range of numbers (say, 1-100) and it will randomly generate one. Then you match it up to the comment number on your site and you have your winner.

Kittenz said...

Don't stress about the drawing the prizes are worth the wait!!

Oh, and if you've already written my name feel free to stop whereever you are. Just kidding, kinda.

Candy

Caseymini said...

Trina, the only problem with the random number generator is I have some people that wrote two comments on thete and some of them aren't close together. I think that it will be easier for me this way, at least to sort them out from the rest.

Merri said...

Breathe deep, Casey, this too shall pass!

Hey, everyone, get out there and VOTE! Click that link at the beginning of the blog!

Caseymini said...

LOL Thanks Merri. I needed that. I've been out trimming deadwood out of bushes in the back yard. The frost got them. Talk about real life interfereing with fun!!!

I am now practicing breathing deeply.

Sans! said...

Just want to let you know that no basket making sessions over here pass without the mention of your name at least twice :).