Do you know how hard it is to type with tiny motorcycles running over your fingers every few minutes?
Why did I get them started again? I made Zar a new black leather motorcycle jacket and Tessie got her witches' helmet, and a scarf to boot.
I don't think that she is very happy with the new skirt though. She made it too narrow and it is difficult to get on a motorcycle in it.
For those of you that are interested, to make the helmet, I simply cut a pie shaped piece from an old black glove. It fits around Tessie's head with a little overlap. I made it extra long so that it would be aerodynamically correct. The trick to getting it to blow in the wind when she rides is to glue in a lining of aluminum foil before assembly. I left a small margin at one long edge for gluing the leather to leather part.
I was not thinking when I was doing both the jacket and the hat....I forgot to take photos. The jacket was done piece by piece with no pattern, so it wouldn't have helped to take photos anyway.
The hat is simple enough to do that it probably doesn't need photos either.
After I made the cone shape and made sure that it fit over Tessie's head, I cut two circles of leather the same size and then cut a hole in the center of each that would fit over the cone snuggly. I glued the two circles together, right sides out and slid them down over the cone. I added a chin strap and a hat band. Then I put it on her head and scrunched it to the shape that I wanted.
The scarf was simply a long piece of bias cut material that I wired on both edges in the hem. That is, I smeared on glue, laid the wire on it and folded it over.
There you have it. I am going back to the laundry now.
See you tomorrow.