What does it take to make a mini samovar? It takes four boxes of jewelry findings, some tools and a lot of patience.
Tessie has the tools and the findings, but no patience, what so ever!
I design by trial and error. Tessie doesn't like the error part. She wants it done on the first try.
It took me a couple of hours of fitting pieces together to get something that I liked.
I am still not crazy about the shape of the base bead. I would like it better if it was less rounded and more squat like. Oh well, we use what we have.
With a little of this and that and a lot of E-6000 glue, this is what I came up with in the end.
When I finished, I decided that it was way too new looking.
I hunted up a pallet of antiquing paste that I have had around here almost forever. I can't tell you what it is. The label went away a long time ago.
Anyway, I used it to antique the gold findings and some of the gold paste went on the top of the barrel bead for highlights.
Here is the finished samovar. It looks more age appropriate now. I still don't care for the shape, but all in all, it turned out pretty good for the first try.
And best of all, Tessie says it makes great tea!
See you tomorrow.