Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Borrowers......

The day after Christmas shouldn't be called Boxing Day. It should be called Cleaning Up After the Boxes Day....I still have a lot to do, but I had to stop and show you what was going on here.

As I was cleaning up the family room, Tessie and Zar were taking their pick of the gifts that were still sitting out in the open.

Thank goodness I put some of them away or there would be nothing left.

They found the fruit basket and for the most part, they discarded the fruit....They kept the Toblerone Chocolate and some marshmallow squares....

Then they moved on to the beautiful pot that Seth made for me. It is wonderful to have a potter in the family. I may be prejudiced, but I think that his pottery is some of the best!

I am going to have to find a special cactus or euphorbia to plant in it.

Thank goodness, they decided that it was too big for them. They did consider making it into a swimming pool, but fortunately, Seth put the traditional hole in the bottom for drainage....Ha! They can't keep water in it! I win!


I am having a bit more difficulty with the iPad. We got a free month of Netflix and they started watching the first season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I don't think that I am going to be able to get it away from them until the end of the season. That will be about ten hours from now. There were only eleven episodes that season. I am not telling them that all of the seasons are on Netflix.

I kicked them out of the kitchen after the end of the second episode. I was tired of having to work around the two of them. They were getting into everything.

I sent them into the living room. That may have been a mistake. First they started un-decorating Tessie's cottage. They were taking down the Christmas flags that Jo sent me just before Christmas. Thanks Jo!

I told them to leave the flags alone. They did. I saw that they were headed for their hideout in the Christmas tree. I thought that would be a good place for them.....Well....OK....It wasn't.

I heard a few clunks and rattles coming from the townhouse. I couldn't imagine what was happening. The only livable sections of that is the roof garden and the top floor.

Wrong again. By the time I found them, they had stolen the fireplace from the Christmas Tree....Borrowed a sofa and rug from Cordelia's living room. There was the party table in one corner and the cupboard from the other day was against the back wall.

When I confronted them and asked for an explanation, they had one....

Tessie looked over her shoulder at me and said...
"Christmas is over. We have the presents and the food that we want. Now we are on to planning for the New Years Eve Party. You have to get things together so that we can have it here!"

I answered with, "Tessie, you and Zar had better have all of this stuff back where it belongs in the next ten minutes or there will be no New Years Eve Party! In fact, there may not even be a townhouse left standing if you don't do as I say! Now!"

Since Tessie used all of her zapping power to get everything into the living room, they are both dragging the furniture back to its rightful place, as I type.

I may do some work on the town house this week, but I doubt that it will be ready for the kind of party that Tessie throws.
I have to go check to see that everything is back where it belongs now.

I will try to get back to minis tomorrow. See you then.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Trust Tessie & Zar to get up to mischief. They need a little project to keep them busy and out of your hair Casey..xxx

Lucille said...

Your son-in-law is very talented. His pottery is just lovely!