Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Roving We Will Go.....

This morning I was wandering around Walmart. I started seeing bats....No not real ones. Oh! I forgot to tell you. We have real bats now. They come in and raid the hummingbird feeder at night. Sorry....Sidetracked again.

These are the bats that I meant. In the Halloween jewelry is where I found them. They are black metal filigree and very thin. I now have a Halloween costume and after that I can dismantle them and use them in something for Tessie. You know that she will like them!

Yesterday, I went to Wednesday Witches mini meeting. Anne, one of the witches, was lucky enough to go to the San Jose mini show a couple of weeks ago. She was nice enough to bring the witches all mini beaded flowers.
We got our choice of several different colors. Knowing that Tessie would end up with it, I took an orange one. The photo doesn't even start to do it justice because it magnifies it too much....The whole thing is exactly 1" high! That's from the bottom of the vase to the tallest of the purple flowers. The orange flower is about 1/4" across. These are the tiniest beads that I have ever seen and the wire that they are strung on is practically invisible. Amazing. Thank you Anne!

While at the meeting, I twined a basket for the roving that Tessie will be needing for weaving....I am afraid that she is going all out. Now she is talking spinning wheels and carding combs. This loom is getting me into all sorts of trouble.

Anyway, I dyed the basket this morning and it is drying now.

One of Walter's co workers provided me with some wool from her alpaca farm.

Unfortunately.....That was a while ago. I put it in a bag and put it up in the top of the closet in........the Black Hole....

I so do not want to go back in there again today.... Tessie is pushing me to do it. I am digging my heels in and holding onto the counter in the kitchen for dear life, yelling, "I don't wanna go!"....

I am losing the battle. Wish me luck.

See you tomorrow with roving.....

8 comments:

Nicole said...

Your never ending story about the Black Hole made me laugh again! If it wasn't a serious and peeving problem (that I also know) I could not resist imagine you going into that Black Hole with a scary expression on your face ;-)
Still hoping you find that wool for this wonderful basket you made :-)))

rosanna said...

Lovely bats and flowers. The Black Hole, a real ominous name....Minihugs Rosanna

MiniKat said...

Hey Casey if I can find your address (it's in a safe place) I would be happy to send you some different roving bits for the basket. I have some in muted (read dreary) colors that Tessie would love. And some brighter colors too.

Kathi said...

Those tiny beaded flowers are amazing!
Hope you find the wool you need. Can't wait to see Tessie actually do some weaving on that loom!

Caseymini said...

Not to worry. I went in and came out with the alpaca wool and I'm still all in one piece!

Kat, thanks, but I have plenty of wool. Laura gave me a huge bag and it has different colors in it. I found just what I needed. I already stuffed the basket full.

Unknown said...

Los pendientes preciosos. La reunion mini muy hacendosa. Resiste. No puede ser que Tessie siempre gane :)
Besos Clara

Debbie said...

What lovely Bats Casey, and those little flowers so very tiny. Love Tessie's new basket. xxx

Katie said...

Love the earrings Casey!

So.... You figured out where the loom's going yet:D