I could only find one 6" by 8" scrap of my black bubble material, but that was enough. I sure would like to know where the rest of it went. Thinking on it though, I only had a fat quarter to begin with, so maybe I used it all.
I took the pleated curtains off of the pin board.
I cut a piece of foam core 1/4" smaller all around than the top piece that matches the curves of the tub. Then I glued it to the center of the larger piece of illustration board.
I laid this on my work sheet with the foam core on top. I put glue around where I wanted the curtains to attach.
Starting at the center back board, I glued and pinned the top edge of the curtains all around. At this point you can adjust the top of the pleats one last time. When I was happy with where they were, I set them aside to dry.
While they were drying, I used Wonder Under to iron the black bubble stuff to white lining to match the curtains.
I cut a strip of this about 3/4" wide. This was for the tie backs. I cut it to the right length and then cut the V shapes at equal distances. You can mark them with a ruler or simply accordion pleat the fabric, crease and cut.
Tessie was being her natural unruly self. She stood inside the upturned curtain section and declared it unsafe for showering..."It will never work!"
I edged the tie backs with unraveled bunka.
Next, I cut a two inch strip of the lined material for the valance. I did the same points that were on the tie backs, but this time the points were 1" apart and the cuts 3/4" deep.
I covered the top with the bubble material Then I glued the valance around the top edge.
Last, I glued the curtain to the edge of the top edge of the tub.
Tessie changed her mind. She says that it will do just fine now. In fact, I can't get her to leave.
So much for working on the bathroom for the rest of the day.....
See you tomorrow.