Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, July 30, 2010

"I Hate Lime Green!!!"

Well.......Tessie and I have to agree on that one. I have had the piece of the bay that is painted lime green sitting by the house all week.....It gets more bilious by the second. We also agreed that a new color should be chosen immediately, if not sooner.

I had coupons for Michael's, so off we went. I needed new Fast Grab(40% off) and we couldn't decide on a color of paint. I bought three(20% off the whole order) that I knew that I would use, one way or another. They are Charcoal Gray, Eucalyptus and Rain Gray. I am leaning towards the latter. Tessie suggested stripes.....I don't think that is going to happen.

At Walmart, I spotted this straight sided vase. The other morning on a regular decorating blog, I saw a hanging lamp made from a plain vase. A light bulb went off in my head as I was reading(no pun intended). If a vase could be a lampshade, why couldn't it be a dome?

OK....So I got sidetracked, once again.

I found a round wooden plate blank in the garage to make a base for it. I think that it will need some kind of edge around the top, but I think it will work. We shall see. Give me a couple of days.

Tessie doesn't really like it so far. Once she is in, there is no way out unless she is charged up and in zapping mode. She used up all of her zap power yesterday when I hid her wand.

Lastly, we went to "The West". It's about the only real needlework shop left in Tucson. At least it is a good one. I did learn one lesson. ***Never take a witch into a shop where there are a lot of choices.***

See that small skein of cream colored thread that is at the left side of the photo? That's what I went specifically to buy. See all of the Thread/worX over dyed floss that Tessie is sitting on and grasping in her hot little hands? She forced me to purchase that. She is a very,very bad influence.

Her reasoning was....."I need a lot of coiled baskets for the new house and I don't want them all match-y match-y."

How could I argue? It is so much more fun to not repeat colors over and over when coiling baskets.

Anyway, Tessie has picked the rainbow stuff that she is hugging for the first one. I guess I had better get to work.

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Glenda said...

I'm glad someone else is as addicted to variegated threads as I am - those shops are a real danger zone for me!!
These look delicious!

Unknown said...

Si, teienes que trabajar y usar todo ese material que te ha hecho comprar. Besos Clara:)

My Realitty said...

Embroidery threads look so glossy and rich, till they sit in my sewing basket for 3 years and little hand sneak in to touch them and suddnly they are all tangld up. Talk about variegated threads! CM