Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Sunday, June 6, 2010

A New Keyboard In Place......

In case you haven't guessed from the title, we are still letting Mookie rule the computer room. This is now his favorite place to rest and recuperate.
He's not spoiled or anything...... I am doing the blog on the laptop and my wireless mouse for it isn't working.

Am I having fun? Ummmm.....I don't think so. Mookie is though. He is getting better by the minute.

I have gotten very little miniature-ing done. I did a little on the zebra rug. OK. So it's not a lot. Every little bit counts.

I did cheat a little last night. It is hard to work on th zebra rug at night without extra light. I didn't feel like dragging out the light, so I decided to work on a regular sized piece of cross stitch.
I found this pattern for a fancy K on a French website. I am thinking that it would look good on the side of a tote bag.

It will take a while and yes...I started another project. Hush! Don't tell!

I caught Tessie speculating about this bed. I do wish that she would make up her mind. At least once a week she changes her mind on what style she wants.

This is one that I made back in 1982. It is part of a series of one of a kind beds, with hand carved headboards that I made back then. This one was #5. I actually got up into the 30s somewhere before I got bored with those. Hey! That's gotta be some kind of record for my six year old's attention span!

The lace is antique french needle made lace. I had just enough to finish the bed. That's why I kept this one. I couldn't part with the lace.

Tessie is going to get a "No!" on this one. You know how she loves to bounce on beds. I fear that the lace wouldn't last long. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get it away from her. I'm working on that. It's going to be kind of like talking Mookie down from the keyboard tray.....

See you tomorrow.

7 comments:

at-the-attic said...

wonderful world

rosanna said...

I'm so glad about Mookie. And keep away that bed from Tessie, it's far too beautiful!Rosanna

Kathi said...

I agree, that bed in entirely too beautiful for Tessie! Do you others you could show us? ALL of my beds need dressing!!
I'm really liking that fancy "k" for some reason...
Hope Mookie feels a lot better soon.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog and the adventures Tessie goes through.

Merry Jingle said...

Wonderful that Mookie is feeling better :)

And that bed is gorgeous! You better keep Tessie away from it :D

The Old Maid said...

Beautiful bed but I love the letter K it will look perfect on the pillow!

Katie said...

So glad to see Mookie home!

...and it's not called Spoiled, it's called Owned.....giggling! These things we do for our kitties:)

Katie