Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Thank You, Giorgio Armani.....

This morning I was going stir crazy. I needed to do a bit of real shopping and then I decided that I needed to stretch it to include a half hour run through the antique mall.

That was a good thing. I found a box....Not just any box....A Giorgio Armani box.

As soon as I saw it, I knew that I could put it to good use. I coerced Tessie into "modeling" inside. Then I threw that darned electric guitar and amp in after her. It would have worked, if I had been seconds faster. As it was, she managed to get one foot in the door and her fingers in front of the plexi window. Rats! So much for soundproofing.

Oh well. Back to the drawing board on that one. It will be perfect for a closet or some other kind of vignette.

When I got home and was unloading the car, I spotted something else. Last week, Walter replaced the wall light in the hall by the laundry closet. The one he took out was the one that was put in when the house was built and I was just plain tired of it.


Somehow, now that it isn't a necessary light fixture, I don't mind it so much. Suddenly it isn't a light fixture...I took out the two candle light sconces that were inside and now it seems to have changed to a display case for minis....

I tried again. I talked Tessie into trying it on for size. Yup. It will work. All I have to do is turn it upside down and use the bottom opening to drop things into it. I can make a top to fit and maybe even hang a chandelier from it. That might be fun. A light in the light....

This time I was smart. I dropped the fixture over Tessie, grabbed the guitar and amp and ran. You should have heard her...No. On second thought, I don't think you should. No nice words came out of her mouth.

After I hid the guitar, I let her out.

Later, when I went to look, she was pouting. She had zapped the pod chair to the roof, made herself some kind of fizzy drink and refused to acknowledge my presence.

I heard her muttering...."Stupid stiff jeans....I can't even cross my legs. The idiotic tie dye tee is running. I want a refund!!"

Refund? I don't remember any money changing hands. I think that I know what I am going to be doing this afternoon. First I am going to hide the Giorgio Armani label on the box. I am not going to start doing designer clothes for her!

It used to be so easy, before she found out that she could have new clothes anytime she complained loudly and stomped her feet.

I need to go get started, if I don't want the next photos to be of her running around in her pantaloons

See you tomorrow, fully clothed, I hope......

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Clever you finding the Giorgio Armani box and the light fitting will look great as a miniature showcase. xxx

Jo Raines said...

What wonderful containers for mini's. Why can't I ever find things like this?! Maybe possibly because I hardly ever go shopping!

The pod chair looks great!

Jody

Kathi said...

Lovin'Tessie's new look! Too bad you couldn't keep her under that light for a while longer... She does look rather comfy in her cool chair though...
Can't wait to see what you do next!

miniannalee said...

Is that a McFarlane Guitar and amp? I have a bunch of McFarlane accessories. I love them

Caseymini said...

Miniannalee, You have a good eye. Tessie actually borrowed it from Oz.(Buffy the Vampire Slayer) I returned it to him yesterday and he is cowering in a corner with it. There's not too much that scares that weirwolf....Tessie does.LOL

Anna M. said...

I think if you had told Tessie it was her new "studio" she might have been willing to stay in the box.