Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, May 29, 2010

So Much For Gold Leafing.....


Tessie won't be having gold leaf tables in the townhouse....She found out that it wasn't real gold.

We went to see "Ironman 2" this morning. When we got back, she was in a snit. She informed me, "I looked at the package and there is no mention of real gold anywhere on it! This stuff is about as gold as candy wrappers! I don't think that they are appropriate for my townhouse. I only want the real thing. It is, after all, supposed to be a high class abode."

I hate it when she gets all uppity. I took my tables and left. I will find somewhere else to put them.....They didn't really go with sixties style anyway. I am actually relieved that she didn't like them. Now I can go back to the Nakashima tables that I liked in the first place.

Since I didn't have a chance to do any minis this morning, I decided to play a bit with the rug patterns for the modern one and the zebra. I threw them both into the cross stitch program(PC Stitch Pro) that I have.
This is what came out. If you poke them, you can see them clearer. Unfortunately, the program picks up every color variation in photos. I did the zebra in just plain black and white. It is done in finer stitches that this. I would suggest printing it out and adjusting the extra colors to black and white. At least you have a stepping off point with this.
With the modern one, It made each area three or four colors. I did each section in just one color, using five colors in all. Again, my rug had more stitches per inch, giving more definition to the sections. ***ADD ON***I came back and re did the whole modern rug with PC Stitch. It is now a five color rug. I eliminated the extra colors. This rug is smaller than mine, but I did mine free hand. It will still be a pretty good size, depending on what size canvas you use. This pattern is for personal use only. Note the copyright at the bottom of the page. Thank you.
I may come back and re do the zebra one after I finish stitching mine.

I thought that these would be good graphs for someone just starting out.

Tomorrow I will be back to the townhouse, if Tessie will let me in. She is still in a snit.


See you then.

5 comments:

Kathi said...

Easy to do?! Easy for YOU!
Even the pattern making looks too complicated for me!

Susanne said...

Dear Casey
This is a very nice program,can I download it from somewhere? I would like to mini-stitch a lot more, but always ends up with a lot of patterns but in 1:1 and never ajustable to 1:12.
BTW it was my grandmother who taught me to stitch way back when I was a little girl in the late sixties and early seventies, I hope I will be able to pass it on someday :-)
Say hello to Tessie from me!
Love, Susanne

Caseymini said...

Kathi, I said that the chart would need some adjustments.....Maybe, if I have time in the next day or two, I will put it back in the PC Stitch program and do that. It takes time.

Susanne, both PC Stitch and PC Stitch Pro have trial downloads, but you can't print out or save what you design. They both cost $$ if you want the full use. If you search around, you might be able to find something similar for free.....I am not sure. With the download version, I cheated a couple of times and took photos of the things I designed. I did think that it was worth buying. I am on my second version of it now. Worth every penny.

temari by the sea said...

Hi Casey,
thank you for sharing the patterns, they look great!
Michelle

Rapunzel said...

Hi Casey,

very nice to sharing the patterns with us. This could be my next project :-))
Greetings to Tessie. I love her!