When I got home this morning, I pulled all of the goodies out of the bag and Tessie pounced. She was trying to figure out what she could make from two of the four for a dollar fancy emery boards that I purchased. Yup. Zebra stripes.
I have the feeling that the townhouse is going to be afloat in animal skin patterns. She is pushing me to finish the zebra rug also....
Anyway, the other things that I found were a couple of bookmarks that each had two really nice miniature resin frames on them. There was no question about getting them unstuck from the backing....Two of the four had already fallen off in the package. Two fancy frames for a buck is not a bad deal.
Did I mention that Dollar Tree is now carrying sheets of 1/4" foam core that is 20X30 inches? They are. It seems that maybe the outer surface is less thick than some of the other brands. I grabbed a couple of pieces to play with. We shall see how they work.
Lastly, I got a package of two cupcake presentation boxes that I thought would make cute 1/4" scale room boxes. There is a window that covers part of two sides. They will have to be reinforced a little. I think that they have possibilities as simple gifts.
Remember all of the needle holes in my fingers a few days ago, that I told you not to ask about? Well....The experiment was a success.
The plastic edge of my fuzzy steering wheel cover was crumbling. Last week Walter bought me a new one.
Unfortunately, the manufacturers must have changed the formula for the rubber from which they are made. The new one smelled to high heaven of burnt rubber. I left the windows down on the car for a couple of days, hoping that the odor would dissipate....No such luck.
Walter took that one back. Fortunately, I kept the old one. I brought it into the house and went to work. I cut some bias binding from some checked fabric. I made it about 2 1/2" wide and doubled it lengthwise.
Here's where the holes in my fingers came into play. In order to get it sewn into the inside edge of the cover, I used doubled thread, a strong needle and a pair of needle nosed pliers. That was the tough part. It took me two days to get around the back and front.
The easy part was pulling the loose, folded edge around to the outside and blind stitching it to the soft outer skin of the cover.
As soon as Tessie spotted it, she insisted on posing with it. Then she wanted to take a ride to try it out....That didn't really work out too well. Every time I turned a corner, she either fell off or was hanging by her fingernails.
I think that she will be going back to riding on the dashboard. She seems to do much better there and there is room for Spike too.
I am off to see what other trouble I can get into without poking holes in my fingers.
See you tomorrow.