Isn't there a saying that you have to spend money to make money? I don't quite see the logic, but I am trying.Anyway, that made me feel better. I think I have just about everything that I need to finish the shell now. Or I should say, will have....
I decided to dig through the paint and do the hallway on the top floor. Tessie decided on Midnight blue and white for that area. It will only be seen from the outside and through the bathroom door so it has to have some high contrast to make it visible. And besides, Midnight Blue by Ceramcoat is one of my all time favorite colors. So I agreed with her.
Next, I decided to tackle the front door problem. I could have cut the mullions out and replaced them with a solid panel, but that didn't seem quite right. I finally decided that frosted glass would do the trick. Tessie has the same attitude about that as I have. If I can't see out, that means nobody can see in.
I did cut one of the cross bars out of the center to make it a little more modern looking. Then I added gold double bead molding around the edge of the glass. It worked.
Now I just have to wait for the knobs to get here.
I kept looking at the windows. They just didn't look right to me.
Six over six light windows just didn't seem to fit the period. I went searching in my books on Victorian architecture and I was right. Most of them were one over one, two over two or four over four. I only found two examples of six over six. They weren't at all popular at the time.
I thought that, since I am permanently closing the bay, it would be easier to see in from the front if there were no bars in the way.
That's about all I am going to have time to do today. Wednesday is for Mini Witches. Gotta go.
See you tomorrow.