This morning, Tessie started sorting and assessing what we could do with the new stuff. Between the lumber from HBS and what I bought at the mini store yesterday, I think that we have plenty to finish the interior of the house.
I also ordered doors for the interior. I could build them myself, but I don't think that they will be noticed in this house anyway. They are all perpendicular to the front and back of the house, with the exception of the bathroom.
I did find that the doors opened the wrong way for where they were to go. I wanted them to open towards the front of the house, so that they wouldn't block the view into the room when open.
I imagine that a lot of you know how to change the swing of the door from one side to the other, but if you don't, here's how.
Houseworks doors are on a simple pin hinge. All you need to do is pull the bottom pin out and remove the door.
Measure the location of the pin holes from the side and edge of the frame. Then go to the opposite side of the frame and drill a hole at the top and bottom at the same distance.
Here you see the hole where the door used to be hung and Tessie is pointing at the new hole with the door in place and the pin pushed up through the bottom.....
With that one little adjustment, that took all of five minutes, the door now swings in the proper direction.
I have two more to do.
I have no more excuses for not working on the interior, so I guess I should get to work.
See you tomorrow.