Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Never Give a Witch a Wand......

I won't dwell on the party for long. Tomorrow things should be pretty well back to normal. That is, as normal as things get around here.

Tessie only had to use the new wand on one big guest. He tripped over a package and fell into the tree. Luckily, the tree didn't go over. The guest, however, didn't do to well....He was a gargoyle for three hours before I persuaded Tessie to change him back. Her tree. Her rules.....


Actually, I thought he was kind of cute as a gargoyle. He didn't think it was very funny.


Tessie wanted you to see the other gifts that she received from April. It's hard to see the dark brown, elbow length leather gloves. There was also a pair of cream colored ones.

The most interesting one was a sack full of some kind of seedpods that look exactly like miniature pumpkins! She keeps waving the wand at them and trying to turn them into coaches a'la Cinderella's Fairy Godmother. I keep telling her that she needs real pumpkins for that spell. Not seed pods. Who knows what kind of results she is going to get with those?


She gave up on that idea and wandered around for a while singing, "The party's over. It's time to call it a day....." Both parties were great fun.


Then she happened to spot the toy that I received in my "Happy Meal" a couple of nights ago. I didn't feel like cooking and we had McDonald's. They are on an "Avatar" kick right now and the toy was way better than the meal.

It is one of those six legged, horse like, beasties from the movie and it lights up and flashes in three different spots for about 15 seconds at a time.

It was love at first site. At least it was on Tessie's part. You know the drill. Sparkly, colorful and bright is her thing. She has a new friend. She thinks that she stole him from me. I am not telling her that I saved him for her. I knew she would like him. And I knew she would like him even more if she thought she pulled one over on me by grabbing him when I wasn't looking.

She can't figure out why he lights up, but doesn't move. "Tessie! He's a toy!", I said.

"But he should move when I wave the wand.", she whined.

"He's plastic." I explained.

"I want him to move!" Oh, the whining!

I think that she is going to spend the rest of the day occupied with waving the wand in front of the beastie's nose. Good! I can get things cleaned up whilst she is practicing with it. Would you please not tell her that I changed the crystal for a glass bead while she was sleeping? Thanks.

See you tomorrow.


2 comments:

Thmini2 said...

Could you just imagine being a gargoyle for 3 hours lol. Did he hit any party gueasts? I wonder how long she will be in the dark about the crystal change.Teresahttp://thisandthatminiaturesandlife.blospot.com

Sans! said...

OMG, I love Avarta. Thanks for the heads up on their happy meals toys!