Whilst those were drying, I finished the front door all except the handle. It had to be lifted a bit to fit the hole that was in the kit's wall. I simply raised it about 1/2" with a block of wood.
I went and looked and our real front door is like that. I never really thought about that step going into the house.
Tessie was trying to fool Spike into thinking that there was a house behind the door.....He didn't bite on that one.
When I put the front steps in place I decided to just run some molding up the sides of the base in a few places. I am still debating what to do with the space in between. I suppose I could faux paint some bricks. I am thinking that most of it will be hidden by landscaping. I don't know if I want to go to all of that trouble when the work won't be seen.
As it is, I still have to shingle the roof, put molding around the top and edges, landscape, put in curtains and build a swing. Tessie is not compromising on that. She knows that I am going to take back the wicker that is there now because it really belongs in the greenhouse. I guess I had better get back to it. There is more to do than meets the eye.
See you tomorrow.