See the top floor, how it sits back from the edge? See the unpainted line under it? That's where the floor used to sit. I knocked it out with a hammer and moved it up and towards the front of the building. It covers the area up under the eaves of the porch. Before, that whole area was open. I think that this will work out much better. I will use it as a loft/storage area for whatever kind of goods are carried in the store......If I can ever get the cat out.....
I gave up and went to work on the Sweetheart. I am trying to make it not so sweet. I pried off all of the shutters and window boxes. Whomever built this cottage, used at least three bottles of Elmer's and a couple of Aileen's. Those things were stuck on so well that I wound up pulling a layer of the wall off in a couple of places.
It's just a good thing that I was going to stucco it anyway. That covers a multitude of sins.
I am still trying to decide if I want to keep the little "porch" roof. I usually cut those off, but since it's there, I may leave it. It looks crooked to me though.
Hey! No more purple!!! Yay me!
Tessie is bustling around the inside figuring out where the counters and shelves should be. I have asked several times what kind of shop she thinks it should be. She just raises her head and sights down the length of her nose at me and gives me the look. You know the one....The "Don't ask!" look.
I am not sure that she knows what she wants, but I have the feeling that whatever she decides, it will be labor intensive for me.
She did help with painting the inside walls white, after I knocked the partitions out. Her theory is if it's white, you won't get dirty whilst painting.....Huh? Now brown or black on the other hand.....You get the picture.
So she left me to myself while I painted the outside. I am not going to spend big bucks on these houses, especially this one, since it is a duplicate.
I went into the workroom and dug through the drawer of old odds and sods of paint. I started dumping them into a plastic container and stirred until I got a not unpleasant color.
I wanted some kind of tan....It has green, orange, sandstone, and even a dab of purple in it.
It is a good base. I also found some old bottles of glaze in there. I may have a go at putting some of that on top too. It's one of those things that, if I don't like it, I will just keep messing about until I do.
Right now it is looking a lot greener than it does in real life. It's kind of a khaki color so far. We shall see what happens.
I have to quit for now and get ready to go to Wednesday Witches mini meeting.
See you tomorrow.