Anyway, my excuse for taking it away and spoiling the slumber party was that I had to give it a good cleaning and finish it.
Tessie likes a nicely finished, clean, sleeping bag, so she let me have it. She keeps slyly smiling at me and asking what seven things she doesn't know about me.....Hmmmm....Where did I just hear that question?
Once I got it away from her, I doubled the binding and sewed open edges against the raw edges of the case. As you can see from the first photo, I did a quilter's trick of turning the corners. You sew up to the spot where you want to turn and then you maneuver the fabric so that there is a miter towards the center of the fabric. You lift the foot and reposition the needle on the other side of the fabric that sticks up and continue on. That allows you to make a perfect miter on both that side and the other side when you hand stitch that.
This is the outside of the bag where I have started blind stitching the hem. I wrapped the folded edge around and stitched it down to the outside. I also did snail trails all over the outer fabric with yellow Perle cotton in a running stitch. By the way, all of the embroidery was done in # 5 Perle.
Here's the outside of the finished case. The ribbon is attached in one place so that it can't be lost. It wraps around the case twice before tying the bow. That makes it pretty secure.
Now about the inside. I embroidered something on every pocket. No names of tools. It's more like words that describe what their function is. Poke the photo for a better look. The embroidery was just for fun, because I was bored.
Tessie is miffed because I tricked her into giving up the multiple pocket sleeping bag. I suspect that she will wait until my back is turned and then the tools will be scattered willy nilly and the case will disappear until it needs washing once more. That shouldn't be too long from now.
I will probably be doing one teeny tiny load of laundry again tomorrow.
See you then.