Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, October 30, 2009

Absolutely and Positively the Last Time...

Yesterday I started ripping out things I didn't need on Tessie's Teas. "Hey! You left of the E!".

Darn! I didn't think she would notice.

Today, I found a brown slate floor that I could cut down. I made it for something else and it was just right for this shop. I haven't glued it in yet and Tessie is already swishing her broom around. For someone with a messy cottage, she sure likes clean floors.

I need to do a wall treatment of some kind before the floor.

I did complete the inside of the loft walls and floor. I used every speck of the wooden blind slats that I had for the floor and the rafters. First I put newspapers all over the slanted roof with Yes Glue and then slapped the beams on over that.

Tessie has been stashing newspapers just about all her life. There are some from the First World War....Second World War and she even pilfered a few Racing Forms from Zar's stash. She reasons that the races in question have already happened and he doesn't need them lying around the cottage.

This is going to be one of those buildings without stairs. Tessie is the only one allowed in the loft and she can zap up and down anytime. She even manages quite well with Spike under her arm.

I feel like I am making a lot of progress, considering I was gone all morning shopping with April. I didn't buy even one thing. Unusual for me.

When I returned, I found Tessie up to her elbows in the sack of House of Miniatures kits. She is looking for stuff to put in the tea shop.(Don't tell her the I left off the 'se' part.

She seems to think that this silly little shop should have some Chippendale. I might let her have a piece or two. We shall see if anything fits. This is a very small shop. The room itself is only 7 1/2" deep by 16" wide. The porch brings the depth to right around a foot. I don't think that there is going to be a lot of room for Chippendale.

I am off to see if I can find some tea boxes, cookie boxes and other printables to go in the shop. I will probably start here http://picasaweb.google.nl/sherree2 and dig until I find what I want. Wish me luck!

See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Love the ceiling in the loft Casey. That's a brilliant link you shared hundreds of printies.. Don't let Tessie see it, she'll want everything printed off..LOL

Kathi said...

Thanks for the printies link! I'm going to check back there if I ever get my printer working again!

Sasha said...

Yes, thanks for the link. I've got loads of printie sites bookmarked, but I don't have this one. Very useful stuff.

And I found something Tess might like for her 'Tease' shop!!!
http://picasaweb.google.nl/sherree2/PicturesMiniPrintables#5143754562404128386

Lize said...

See you at picasaweb...