The witches came to my house today. I made pita bread from scratch and put out all kinds of things to stuff them with and then we stuffed ourselves. A good time was had by all.
I did manage to finish the quilt that I started yesterday.
Here you see it ironed onto the pellon and laid on the backing fabric. I trimmed it to the edges of the interfacing. Then I put the backing fabric under it, face down. Then I trimmed the fabric to about 1/2 to 3/4" all around. I cut off the corners to about a quarter inch and then folded the raw edge of the fabric to the raw edge of the tape all around and pinned it in place. I blind stitched the edge to the front of the quilt and mitered the corners as I went.
Here's Tessie, holding the quilt up for you to see. If you click on the image, you will get a larger view. As you can see, the back is solid and just wraps to the front for a border. It is a bit stiff, but it can be pinned down or glued to a bed if that's what you want to do. Tessie will probably just use it for a lap quilt, since it is quite small. I didn't bother to quilt it since it already resembles a quilted piece with all of the squares that are kind of three dimensional.
I have to go clean up the witchy mess now. Sorry for the short entry. Let me know if there are any questions about the quilt.
Gotta run. See you tomorrow.