Zar refused to let me put it in the workshop until I put a top on it, so I went to work. It was pretty straightforward. I cut two pieces of foam core that were 1/8" shorter than the top. I glued them to two the inside on opposite walls. Then I cut a top to fit the hole out of 1/8" bass wood. Here you see it as I am ready to glue the top into the hole.
After the glue dried I took a stylus and scribed the lines of the wood pieces to match the ends and did other scratching to match the grain of the wood in the other pieces. I put a bit of spackle in the cracks at the end of the board and then I painted it to match the rest of the top.
Zar is very happy with the new work surface.....I have a feeling that he secretly wants to keep the large work bench set up as a bar. I am going to have to start hiding bottles or he won't get a lick of work done.
Tessie, for some reason, is becoming a tool aficionado. Perhaps she thinks pitching in and helping finish the Clockwork Cottage will bring about the beginning of Spiderwort Manor more quickly.
I will let her keep thinking that. Six hands are better than four, not that Balthazar is all that enthusiastic about helping. I have to twist his arm. He would rather invent than work on his own home. Right now he is working on the Steam computer once again. He says that he can't seem to get the pressure high enough to get it running. I wonder if he has ever stopped to think that my big computer works without steam.....
Anyway, I can now officially put the new workstation in place and he won't have any excuse not to work on the house. I don't think I am going to hold my breath until he starts. It could be hazardous to my health. Back to the grindstone!
See you tomorrow.