Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Monday, July 13, 2009

Why Should Kids Have All the Fun?

I mentioned going to Michael's late last week. I forgot to mention that I spent my 50% off coupon on, of all things, a set of kid's paintbrushes. I have used Royal Langnickel brushes before and they were very good brushes. I never thought to look in the kid's section for brushes.

There are 5 in all. They are all my favorite shape for painting dollhouse walls. They slant to a point at one end of the flat brush. They're great for getting into corners and painting straight edges. What is even better about this set is the handles. They are the soft grip kind meant for little ones to grab easier. If you are doing a lot of painting inside the dollhouse they are much easier on the hands than the plain kind. These are my new best friends. Best of all, it was 3.00 for five brushes with the coupon.

I started painting the bedroom this morning.Zar decided on the Trail Tan Ceramcoat that we first used in the kitchen. It was too dark in there, but it's just right in the bedroom. I used Antique White for the ceiling. I seldom use straight black or white in dollhouses. They just seem to harsh to me. It's just a personal quirk.

The color to the left as you are looking at the photo is close to the real color and the ceiling just to the right is the Antique white. Zar agrees that they work well with the bed. There will be a lot of dark woodwork in the room.

I see a few spots that have to be touched up in the corner of the window bay. I get to use the new brushes again. Goody!

Don't forget to poke the photo. You will be able to see the bed a lot better.

After I finished setting the bed in the room so that Zar could approve, guess who showed up? I'll give you a hint....."It's ugly. No puce!"

Tessie proceeded to climb up on the bed and refused to come down unless we got out the puce paint. I had to open the paint drawer below the house and prove that there wasn't any puce to be found. I also had to fib and tell her that there was no gas in the car to go buy some. It was just a tiny,wee lie.

When Zar had had enough nonsense, he threatened to take her apart with his pipe wrench. I left when he started trying to get her down and she kept just out of his reach. As far as I know they are still squabbling.

I need to get back to seriously cleaning the workroom again. No.....I didn't finish it last week. It is a never ending job.

See you tomorrow.

10 comments:

Tabitha Corsica said...

The rooms looks great, Casey. Neutrals help the bed stand out and it is the focal point of the room. Hard to place furniture with all those odd angles....

Kathi said...

Thanks for the hint about true white paint. I had planned to use it many places in my dollhouse. I might try it and see if it is too harsh... not sure. May have to go get some Pottery Barn "white" instead? (just kidding, who can afford that stuff?!)

Your room looks amazing. Love that bed! The lines you made are beautiful too!

Deb said...

I love the bedroom and especially the bed. Gorgeous!

Debbie said...

It looks lovely Casey.
I hope the bed stands up to Tessie jumping all over it, naughty little Witch..LOL

Caseymini said...

Debbie, you know that is Tessie's "true test" for every bed I make. She likes that almost as much as dragonflight.....

Jo Raines said...

I am painting as well and undecided on the final color of Joanna's Victoria's Farmhouse porch color but our trim color is Heavy Cream so that's it for now! Thank you for the award. I am humbled and I am passing it on!

Jody
http://minileapsandbounds.blogspot.com

MiniKat said...

Hmm... It sounds like Zar needs to put witch-blockers on his staircases AND windows. ;-)

Karin Corbin said...

I was out and about today and came across a large sculpture full of wheels, gears and even claw foot bath tub feet and metal shoe molds for human feet. I put all the photos I took of it into an album for your buddy Zar
http://www.flickr.com/photos/karin-corbin/sets/72157621294055551/

Kathi said...

PS I meant to say that I love your "linens", not your lines!
Thanks for the tip about the kid's paint brushes. I've been wondering how I was going to paint in those little corners of my house!

Caseymini said...

I forgot to mention that there was a smaller set of 4 in the paint dept. They didn't have the largest size and they were 3.99. I bought this one because it had the larger one in the set.