Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

What a Deal!

I don't know if all of the Walmart stores do the same thing, but here when they have scraps and bits and pieces in the fabric department they gather up what they have and put them in a plastic bag and sell them for a dollar. It's kind of a grab bag situation, but you can tell most of what you are getting in the bag, or at least get an idea of what's in the bag.

This morning I did pretty good. I had been looking at some blue with white polka dot fabric and some lavender fabric with little white dots in a star pattern. I was about to buy some remnants of the two, a half yard of each for $1.20. Then I happened to look in the bin where they keep the bags when they have any. For a dollar, this is what I got.

Low and behold, both the blue and lavender fabric was in the bag. There were two fat quarters of each. That added up to the two remnant pieces that I had started to buy in individual pieces. When I opened it up both Tessie and Mookie got really excited. Besides those two pieces, there was about a half yard of purple bridal netting for Tessie, a couple of fat quarters of some green print, about a yard of tiny lace(Tessie grabbed that), a foot of red ribbon, some webbing for purse straps in beige, a piece of blue cowboy print(that will get handed on, too big for minis), some Plastic tablecloth material and for Mookie a green super bouncy ball...See him eyeing it?

This is what happened next. He proceeded to knock Tessie on her backside to get to it, batted it off of the table and all over the house. He has a little of Tessie's personality. He thought that he was stealing it and getting away with the deed!

After I finished with the inventory, I started working on the hole in the wall of the bedroom.

I cut two pieces of illustration board the shape that I wanted the wall to be. Before, the door went all the way to the ceiling in a straight line on both sides. Now the door echoes the shape of all of the other doors in the cottage. I glued each piece in place with white glue, let it dry, did a bit of spackling and let it dry a second time.

I realized that the midnight blue in the hall staircase was going to look funny with the Trail Tan in the bedroom. I painted the new walls and then proceeded to shove my big old hand in a two inch wide hallway to paint the walls......That was realllllly fun....Not!

As of now, I am officially done for the day. I will be taking a couple of baths to get all of the paint off of my arms. I was literally up to my elbows in paint.

I will say one thing. That color sure does lighten up the hallway. Now I can see that it is going to need a second coat.........As Annie would sing, "Tomorrow,tomorrow".....

See you then.

7 comments:

MiniKat said...

Silly Mookie! Glad he's feeling better and up to mischief again. :-)

I thought I heard a witchy voice grumbling about being knocked down. ;-)

Zar's room looks really good with the solid wall and new paint. Speaking of, I've found that using one of those poofy bath scrub things helps get rid of paint on skin.

Debbie said...

What a great bargain bundle you managed to find Casey. Tessie was put in her place by the cat I see. LOL

Kathi said...

Let's see... if I drive 29 miles to the nearest WM that sells fabric and my car gets 29 miles per gallon and gas costs 2.29 per gallon... how much would that $1 grab bag of goodies cost me? That is IF that WM sells grab bags...

KathieB said...

Nice buy, Casey! None of the Walmarts in this area (central Missouri) sell fabric any more. No buttons, either. But they sell sewing machines. Go figure.

Un Taller de Miniaturas said...

Beautiful blog, and beautiful story, LOL!! :D

Best regards,
Paloma

Katie said...

It's like someone put that ball in there just for Mookie!!! Too purrfect!!! :) Love those little lace squares....I can see lots of new approns being made for a certain someone we know:) **Loved the bed pictures from yesterday:)

Heather Cutting-Rayl said...

Horrors! Not only do the Walmarts here not have goodie bags like that! They have dared to close the fabric departments! How dare they! LOL!