Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Higher and Higher......


First I had to make the bedside table higher this morning. I did that task with a couple of toy, wooden wheels from Michael's. First I glued them to each other and then to the bottom of the table.

Then I put a second coat of antique copper/bronze on the whole thing. I am now liking the finish. I don't want everything to be matchy matchy.

I sat it beside the bed to check the height. I think it's about right now. I put the clock back on it and checked to see if I could still read it from above. I could, so Tessie loses this round.
In one of those 3AM flights of fancy, I thought that It might be a good idea to make sure the hanging ceiling lights were working.....Of course the one in the dining room is fine. The one in the kitchen isn't. It's a good thing that I didn't fasten the flooring down in the workshop or the bathroom. I am in the middle of checking out the kitchen light now. I had to stop though.

Tessie came in and said,"I'm going to go check out the dining room chandelier."

I told her that it was working just fine, but as soon as I said it I heard a ruckus coming from the dining room.
Her Idea of checking it is to see if it will hold the weight of a witch when she is in the mood for swinging from it. I looked in and she said "Wow! It does work just fine!!! You were right for once!"

Spike was nipping at her heels and I started yelling. "Tessie!!! Get down now!"

She just giggled madly and kept swinging. Spike backed off for fear of getting a foot in his mouth. I backed off because I was trying hard not to laugh out loud.

About that time Balthazar wandered in and saw what she was doing to his chandelier. "Tessie! You come down here! Get off of my chandelier! You'll break it!"


He finally managed to get close enough to grab her and get her down.

She managed to kick him in the chins a couple of times on the way. I, somehow, don't think that was accidental.

He has banned her from the Clockwork Cottage again. Let's see how long it takes her to remember this time. I am guessing 48 hours, at the most. I am not taking bets though. She seems to be remembering how to get in faster every time.

I have to go see about the kitchen light. Loose connection somewhere. That light is higher. If she remembers how to get in there is not as much of a chance of her swinging from that one. At least not without bringing her own chair.....

See you tomorrow.

5 comments:

Kathi said...

I'm laughing so hard! That photo of Tessie hanging from the chandelier is just too much!

Deni said...

hahah that Tessie!
I adore her bed
Im just going to have to make one I have a block of wood I will use and cut out a headboard, thats the easy part the making of the toppings will be a bit harder!

Caseymini said...

Deni, the bed is Zar's. Tessie has her own in her cottage. Go to the labels section and look under Tessie's Cottage. You will see it.

Tallulah Belle said...

The hanging from the chandelier pic is the funniest I've seen you do...LOL.

Love the bedside table.

Katie said...

lol...as you can see, I'm catching up from the begining...the table Does look A lot better!! :)