Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Morning After.......

After giving Tessie the pizza and bug beer that I owed her for posing yesterday, I realized that the Clockwork Cottage was in serious need of cleaning out if I wanted to get anything done today.
When I last saw them, Zar and Tessie were just finishing season one of Buffy. They were both bleary eyed and half asleep. Season one is eleven episodes of about 45 minutes each without commercials.

Well....At least one of us got some sleep last night. I did hear a couple of piercing screams during the night, but I assumed it was nothing more serious than and actor getting bitten, stabbed or otherwise destroyed.


Anyway, they staggered away and that left me a clear field for cleaning out without someone looking over my shoulder and making rude comments.

This was almost as bad as having to clean my workroom. Actually, it was similar. The house was stuffed to the gills with lumber, tools, paint and other bits and bobs.

I stuffed a lot of the smaller things in the typesetter's drawer. That thing is a lifesaver. Everything is close at hand and doesn't get messed up whilst in storage.

As you can see, I am getting quit a bit organized to go in the cottage. Pay no attention to the antique needlework items on top. I ran out of room on the needlework themed drawer on the other wall. That is spillover.

After I finished cleaning out, I decided to make a bedside table out of the last cog wheel that I received from Katie. I found a chess rook that just happened to fit into the hole in the middle of the wheel. I glued it in on the underside and so far I have one coat of bronze paint on the whole thing. I think that it needs to be a bit taller so that when Zar is in bed he will be able to reach it.

Remember the Steampunk clock that Tabitha Corsica sent me? It really looks nice sitting there, or it will when I get a better finish on the table.

After that I did some more of the half timber on the walls. I keep finding more that has to be done. Oops! I missed a spot. Over and over.

I was working on the half timber when people and dogs started popping up all over the place.

Did I mention that I made a cushion for the window seat? Zar immediately took that over. He claims that it will be a great place for him to read his technical journals......Sure it is....I guess he thinks I am too big to read the fine print....That's a Racing Form that he has in his hand.

Tessie had different ideas for where to put Tabitha's clock. She tried it above the fireplace.

Thank goodness. Zar is on my side on this one. He says it's too far away from the bed to read over there.

All in all, I have accomplished a lot today. Maybe I will take some of the Buffy DVDs away from the terrible twosome and go relax for a while now.

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Kathi said...

I can relate to the house getting all cluttered up with "stuff!" I need to clear things out so I can start painting again!
I had to mow the yard and clean up outside of the RL house today. Now that's done and I can get back to work on the little house!
Hope you have a very nice weekend!

Katie said...

What a great idea for the end table. I do agree, it should be just a little taller?!