Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

We Have Lift Off....

We finally finished the workings of the dumbwaiter this morning. I should say that I assisted Balthazar. he did most of the brain work. I just did the heavy lifting. It works really well.

Zar didn't have anyone else to watch the demonstration, so he did it for the dogs. Spike seems to sneak away from home and join the men's club quite often. I think he gets bored with Tessie's frills and fancies. Zar made it go up and down for about 15 minutes to make sure that it works.

With a few turns of the crank Zar can bring up refreshments from the kitchen now. If he finds a maid of all work that he can trust to keep a secret he won't even have to go downstairs to do it. I don't believe that Miss Dovestone wants the job anymore.

Did I tell you he is installing a communications system in the house? He may never leave the second floor again. After all, the bathroom is next door and if there is a way to call a trustworthy housekeeper he will have sustenance. I think he is getting a little more peculiar all of the time.......

I am afraid that this is going to be a bit short today. I painted the floor and laid it in place. I didn't glue it down yet. I also waxed some pieces of wood on the walls to see how it would look with some trim in there. I may just have to do some wainscot paneling on the bottom half of the room. I think that it needs more woodwork.

As for the reason for shortness, the Wednesday Witches mini group has managed to find enough of it's members for a meeting today. I have to go get ready. I am teaching some of them how to do the mirror frames from poly clay today. I guess I should go find the tools that I need to do it.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

MiniKat said...

It's a recipe for a recluse if Zar finds a good maid.

Or will occasional visits to Miss Dovestone be in the works?