Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Surrounded By Slackers......

I am resigned to getting nothing done today. I have spent most of the day in this room and I understand why Mookie is going stir crazy.

I worked on the long rug this morning until I was cross eyed. I am getting there, but very slowly. I can't find the light blue that I started it with. I know it's around here somewhere...... I put two different shades in and neither of them was right. I am playing frogger a lot. Rippit. Rippit.

I took a break from minis a couple of days ago and fixed myself the workbasket that you see in the photo. I lined it with gold striped fabric and put antique crochet lace around the edge. It is small enough for just one project at a time. It was the container for a gift set of smelly stuff that I bought for $1.25 at Walmart after Christmas last year. I tossed the really bad,smelly stuff and kept the basket.

Tessie loves it in here. There is no regular TV. We use the mini one. Too bad it isn't going to work pretty soon....Yes, it's the one from the burglar's room box.

When I started writing this I was all alone. Two minutes later, this is what happened. I now have Tessie directing what I put in the blog. I have Mookie sleeping on the keyboard. I keep shifting it around. He just keeps following and looks disgusted when I try to move things around. It's about time for his next pain medicine. I am not sure that it helps. I think it just makes him spacey. They said that it would be calming.....Sure it is. He meows and tears around here like mad when he first gets it. I will certainly be happy when things get back to normal around here. Everything will be better in about a week. I have that to look forward to.

Walter is a great help. He is sleeping in here at night to keep Mookie in line. He has the hard part as far as I can see.

I am going to help Tessie give Mookie his next syringe now.

Hopefully I will get something constructive done by tomorrow. See you then.
Post Script.....I did get to start this, just this afternoon. It will be for Zar's bedroom, unless Tessie sees it.

2 comments:

MiniKat said...

At least you have a better excuse than me. I am waiting for FH to get home so I know how big he wants the bags.

Mookie is a much cuter excuse anyway. ;-)

I hope he gets to feeling better soon!

Sans! said...

Love your basket but did you really junk the "smelly stuff"? I mean, did you keep the bottles? Maybe you can use smelly stuff for water in a mini pond or pebbles or mini food? lol.. yes, now before I junk anything, this is my thought process, even if it is smelly. I need help! Tessie at the radio/tv is hilarious, as is Mookie. Rug looks good.