Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Darkness Falls.................

I put up with it for three days.......I couldn't stand it anymore. I thought that working on the Clockwork Cottage in my workroom would be fun. It wasn't. That room just doesn't have enough light.
This photo was taken at 11 in the morning. I had every light on and it still is only good for working on close up things under the magnifier. It's just a dingy room.

This morning I started rearranging once again. Everything is pretty much back to normal now.

As you can see, the workroom is back the way that it was.

Next I moved the Mystery house back in the computer room.

The resident dragon was flying around with joy and Widget, the unseen cat, immediately went back to his hiding place under the table. That's why one side of the cloth is always up on the bench.

With that out of the family room, I could arrange the Clockwork Cottage in the corner where it used to live. This time I did it without the extra sized table top. Maybe I won't make such a mess since there isn't a lot of space to pile things now. I am in the mood to go back to work on it now that I can see what I am doing.

Even Tessie is happier with things this way. In fact, she found a new toy while I was moving things around. Look at this. Simple things amuse simple people.......

She hasn't said a cross word all morning. She says that she is practicing to be the Duncan Yo Yo champ this year. That should keep her busy for about 12 minutes and 43 seconds. I am just waiting for the string to tangle and the whinging and whining to begin.

See you tomorrow.

8 comments:

MiniKat said...

Your workroom really needs more light. It's just too dark. At least Widget is happy with the way things turned out. ;-)

Creager Studios said...

Looks like you now have more 'light on the subject' Casey...I tend to prefer darker rooms when I put on makeup or get dressed (or undressed) ...LOL

Jodi

nikkinikkinikki72 said...

Yet again and i dont really know why but i'm laughing... lots!
I think you should take down your curtains and blind to allow more natural light.
Mind you i love your room and it looks nice and welcoming. Plus i like nosing at all your interesting things everywhere.
Perhaps try and get hold of some natural light light bulbs. I don't really know but they could make a difference. Maybe do a tester with a lamp before you go mad and buy loads.
Tessie is still making me laugh with the yo-yo... lol.

Caseymini said...

Thanks for the ideas gang! My one big problem is that there is a huge Mesquite tree right outside the window so there is never any sun. Before you ask, it was planted as a sapling and I never expected it to have a trunk that is bigger around than I am. LOL

Debbie said...

Casey, such a shame that your workroom is so dark. I was going to say its a pity you can't take the blind and curtains down, but I see Nikki beat me to it.
At least the Yo-Yo is keeping Tessie quite for a change..

Tina said...

Casey,
I do understand the bad lighting.. I have no big trees covering the windows but only for a short time is there any decent natural light.
I can't wait to see what you work on next. I am working on Talulu's outfit to make it more Gypsy...
And Tessie amazes me how she is so mesmerized with her new toy....
Have a great day. I am off for coffee now and see what I can get done before work time..
Tina

C said...

Casey, I see a farfeild in that first picture, which you haven't shown us. By the way michales sell tourche lams, you can get them with a coupon. They are supposed to be equivalent to daylight. They also sell the bulbs, which you might be able to replace them. Aside from that how a bout a new work light?

Lidilstuff

Caseymini said...

C, I did a couple of entries on the Fairfield early on in the blog. I think that they may be listed under smaller scales or 1/2". As for the work light, I had 3 lamps on when the photo was taken and 4 when I had the Clockwork cottage in there. It just doesn't work as a place to see what I am doing. Thanks for the suggestion, but I have been there and done that.LOL