Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Thursday, April 30, 2009

One Rug Leads to Another.....

I carved on the door for a while this morning, until I couldn't see straight. The only thing wrong with working in my workroom is the lighting. It is the darkest room in the house. Had I known this when we moved in, I would have probably traded with April. I was a mean mom and made her take the larger bedroom of the two. It has a bay window and a lot of light.

Anyway, after I couldn't see straight I went on to work on the rug that I printed from the net onto #22 hardanger cloth a couple of months ago. This is the original rug that I ran through the printer. The next photo is the resultant print. It is working pretty well. I have changed the colors a bit, but I'm staying true to the design other than that.

I haven't gotten too far. You have to remember that I am working on about 20 other rugs at the same time. Remember the six year old that rules my actions.... And yes, I dripped some water on the center of it. Oops. Thank goodness it wasn't on the part with the complicated design!

You know that Tessie can't keep her nose out of what I am doing. She now has the notion that when she "helps" with a project she will automatically become partial owner of said project. She did three x's before I took the needle away from her. They were all over 3 threads and had to be redone.
She says that this one would look good in her new house....... I repeat"Tessie, don't hold your breath!".

I had to talk her into showing you the edge of the rug that she was hiding. She still hid the edge where I wrote the number of stitches it will take to complete the rug. I don't think that she has a lot of faith that I will stick to it long enough to finish 15,386 stitches.... I will do it. It just won't be this week.

When I got tired of doing that, I opened PatternMaker for cross stitch and did this. I thought that you might like something to do this afternoon. I purposely didn't put in a background color. It makes the pattern easier to read and gives you the option of making it match your decor. The colors in the design are blue green yellow and rose. That's your choice too. Don't forget to poke the picture to make the pattern bigger.

Please remember that this is for personal use, not resale, and there is a copyright. Have fun with it. If you do it, I would love to see.

Now, I have to go see how tangled Tessie is in the floss.

See you tomorrow.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That rug is so detailed and tiny. I really admire you for doing it as I could never do stitches that small. I love the pattern for the rose rug that you so kindly posted but it would be too much for my poor eyes to do. The smallest that I do is the plastic canvas which I use for my rugs.

Katie said...

I like how your doing this rug..... Very inventive!

MiniKat said...

Love the rug! Thanks for sharing the chart. :-)

Might actually stitch that one... sometime after I finish the Anasazi rug and restart the bathroom rug that I started in college.

I might change the color scheme to go in my witch's house. Not sure yet, But I can hear her voice in my head mumbling about admiring the pattern, but "the colors are a bit off." *shrug* You of all people know how witches can be. ;-)

Caseymini said...

Kat! Go for it! I would love to see what you do with it. That's why I left the background white, so it would be easier to read. BTW, there is a slight color glitch in the border, lower right side. I somehow got three brown stitches where they don't belong. It is pretty noticeable so I am not going to go back and change it. That would take too long.

Tiffany said...

Oooooooh, Casey, I like the pattern. Thank you! AS you know I'm in to doing rugs these days (well at least I started one!), and cross stitch I can do all by my little self. I think I will need to stitch that one. I also think I want that pattern maker program. . . As always you are inspiring me!

Debbie said...

Thanks for sharing the pattern Casey.

Caseymini said...

Tiffany and all, if you do try the rug, it would be better in cross stitch than needlepoint. All of the checkerboard stitches will turn out as lines in one direction and dashes in the other if you do it in needlepoint. I would do it on #22 hardanger, but anything from #18 on up would work.

Ineke said...

Thank you so much Casey for sharing this wonderful pattern, I love it! I'm starting with the rug today ;-)