Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Location! Location! Location!

Isn't that what they always say that the first three rules of having a house are? Well, I relocated until I was blue in the face this morning.

I started out with the idea of moving three of the huge bookcases in the workroom to make room for the dollhouse worktable along the right wall as you enter the room.

First I started in the opposite corner and rotated the corner bookcase to the right. It took me over an hour. I removed all of the contents because the bookcase is made of very heavy MDF and it's impossible for two men and a boy to move with contents. Without them it is still pretty close to impossible for me to move. That's with sliders.

It would have been a lot easier without Mookie trying to help. He kept insisting that it would move easier with him sitting on the third shelf. It wasn't......

Next, I moved the desk about 3" to the left so that the matching bookcase with drawers would fit in that corner. That's when the idea struck to not move the bookcases.

As you can see from the photo, I came up with an easier solution than moving two more bookcases. I decided, for the time being, the Clockwork Cottage is going to live in the center of the room. I made sure that I had plenty of clearance on all sides to work.

After I moved that out of the family room, I had an empty corner. I decided to wrestle the round table and the Mystery House through the computer room doorway. The table is another impossible piece. It has to go around a corner in the doorway to get out. Anyway, this is where it landed.
I'm not sure that I like the way that the house blocks some of the typesetter's drawers. It is going to have to do for now. At least the hole is filled. Now there is a whole new hole in the corner of the computer room......

Zar is filling the time whilst I am moving his stuff around with a visit to the "maid".....I am still not sure about her background. She seems very happy to see him.

I went back to the workroom to do more. There were some changes made. My small worktable is now sitting beside the big one. Tessie has witched her house to that location. Location! Location! She says that she wants to keep an eye on what I am doing to Balthazar's cottage. I think she is really still trying to find a way to get back in.


There she sits, innocently drinking her fruit punch and chatting away with Spike. Somehow I don't quite trust her......She is definitely up to something.

See you tomorrow. Maybe by then I will know the rest of the story.

7 comments:

KathieB said...

Casey, I just recalled that in the Appalachian mountains, settlers would often keep a broom by the door of the cabin. A broom placed crossways on the threshhold will keep a witch out of the house. Perhaps Balthazar needs to see his local Kiwanis chapter for a boatload of brooms. :-)

Debbie said...

Looks like you've been having a very productive day Casey...

MiniKat said...

I think she might be up to something too. But if we're lucky it will be something simple. Or even unimportant. If we're lucky.

Caseymini said...

Kathie, Zar fixed the cottage with a spell to keep her out sometime ago. So far it has held.

Debbie, I had all of that finished by 9 AM! VBG Now I am wood carving on the front door.

Tina said...

Casey,
Before I forget.. I love the rocking chair in your photo.. And now to let you know..I have Talulu's first photos on my blog now.
Let me know what you think... I would love constructive advice.. Thanks, Tina

dora said...

Pues me parece muy bienla ubicación, te queda genial.

rosanna said...

Hi Casey, I've done the chandelier. I posted it today if you want to have a look. Unfortunately I cannot make links in the post. I do not understand why, it's two days that i cannot manage to do it. Thank you. Hugs