Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Lighten' Up!!!

Those were the very words that Tessie responded with this morning when I accused her of being a thief. She not only took the chandelier that was meant for the dining room of the Clockwork Cottage, but she also took the candle tree that was going in the master bedroom and one of the wall lights that was going elsewhere in the cottage. I have proof!

Here she is with said chandelier. She also stole some of my E-6000 to hang it with. There is no hook in the ceiling so she had to resort to stick um. Don't tell her I said so, but I quite like it with the pilfered Reutter's golden tea set. Oh! And it also goes quite well with the mismatched Victorian key plate that she grabbed for the door.

I guess that I can always make another chandelier. But then she witched herself upstairs and I followed. She has the candle tree by the side of the bed, perilously close to the curtains. She says that she needs it to read in bed. That's about all I have seen her do in that bed. I am suspicious that she never sleeps. How else would she have time to do all of the sneaky things that she does when I am not looking?

At least that one will be easy to take back. E-6000 is not easy to remove.......The chandelier may have a home where it is. I think that she outfoxed herself on that one though. If she ever really does move she is going to have trouble getting it off the ceiling.

Now, about that wall sconce. How she even found it, I have no idea. It was in a box of lamp parts. Half weren't even lamp like. They were just a bunch of wires and bulbs. She must have dug through the mess to find the one finished light.

What she is going to do with this one is any body's guess. She doesn't have electricity. I guess she thinks that she can light it by magic......

Maybe it's just the bug beer that she is drinking that is fueling her imagination and the light. It's kind of hard to see in the photo. She propped it up on the back of the table and leaned it against the wall. Then she witched the frog to a frozen state to keep it there. No frogs were harmed in the making of this blog. He will be back to normal as soon as she finds some other way to prop up the lamp.

I guess that I should go and try to make more lamps and chandeliers to replace the ones that she swiped. The only problem is, how do I keep her from taking the next ones that I make?

See you tomorrow.

8 comments:

Debbie said...

LOL Casey, Tessie is a proper little Witch. I so love to hear what she's been up to. Your have to make something non sparkly and she my lose interest..

Pubdoll said...

"No frogs were harmed in the making of this blog." Lol!
The chandelier looked great in Tessies house. Okay, she's a thief, but at least she's a thief with excellent taste.

Deb said...

Tessie is a riot and so are you!lol

MiniKat said...

Maybe she will drop the Magnolia fight once she sees she can't take the chandelier with her.

Caseymini said...

Kat, I wouldn't bet on that. I am thinking that she will be uping the list. Magnolia and a biggggger chandelier!

Anonymous said...

I think Tessie has great taste and she knows a good thing when she sees it. She obviously likes your creations as you do such a nice job of making them. That table that she has her beer on is identical to an old sewing/knitting cabinet that my mother used to have. It brought back some good memories.

Caseymini said...

Doreen, the Martha Washington sewing table is an early Gary Larson piece. I love his work. He also did the gateleg table in the center of the room and a small bench that is upstairs. She not only has good taste, she has greedy taste......She wants it all.

Sans! said...

Today I finally see Tessie's feet, She has really nice ones. I bet she hears that a lot :D!