Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Anyone For Cottage Cheese?


That's what I have been doing all morning. Making cottage cheese can be fun. I textured the walls and ceilings of the kitchen and dining room. Right now it looks like the awful eighties style ceilings of that name. That's a larger than life close up that you see in the first photo.

I am not sure what real plasterers in other parts of the world call the kind of work that I am doing, but here it is called lacework. First you put it on roughly and then you knock down the surface with a flat trowel. I put the first part, Spackle, on with my fingers and textured it with a damp sea sponge. I will wait for it to dry thoroughly and then sand it. That will result in the lacework.
Actually, the first thing that i did this morning was spend a lot of time hunting for all of the pieces to do the kitchen bay. It took forever to find the roof. I did get it installed.

I didn't plaster where the dumbwaiter will be installed, but I have to do the rest before I glue in and finish the dumbwaiter.

I decided that I wanted textured walls on the bottom floors and the top will have either paneling or wallpaper.

I hadn't decided if I was going to do fancy carved woodwork around the doors. While I was working on the plaster, I pretty much decided that I am not going to do carved woodwork. That would be just a bit much, what with the fireplaces. Now I have to decide just what I am going to do. I will probably put on the pre-made door frames and plaster them or I could make new ones and just stain them. I don't like the plywood just stained. They are too thick.

And what was Tessie doing while I worked? She waited until I took a break and then she moved in on me. She brought her own water for coffee. Then she witched in her table and Buster joined her. They are now having cappuccino and cookies. I am just glad that it is her table and not mine! That dog has no manners whatsoever! And Tessie is perfectly happy to have him on the table with the cookies and cake. There is no hope for the two of them and I am still looking for Spike!

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Whatever could she have Spike doing??!!! I don't know if I should be scared for him or for you! Thank you for the tip on the magnetic jig- it's on my birthday wish list for the hubby. :)
Kim

Debbie said...

Tessie's up to mischief! What has she done with Spike..
Casey I don't know whether its the same thing but we call the patterned plaster Artex..

Sasha said...

Poor old Spike! Not only has she hidden him somewhere but he missed out on the cake and cookies! I bet Buster ate Spike's share of the food!