Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, April 10, 2009

All's Well That Ends..........

Well.....I finally gave in and took Balthazar shopping for another dog. He says that Tessie has spoiled Spike rotten and he is no longer"A Man's Dog!". Beside that statement, he told me that he wanted a bigger dog to protect the house from unwanted intruders. Come on Zar, do you think that a dog will stop Tessie? She will be feeding him T bone steaks in a couple of days.

Tessie sent Buster back to the Mystery House where he belongs and Cordelia was happy to have him for company. She complains a lot about being lonely.......Again I say"Yeah, sure she is!"

Anyway, all of them seem to be very happy at the moment. I don't think that Tessie is ever going to let go of Spike. Buster looks up to Cordelia. And Balthazar now is the proud owner of a Doberman that he is calling "Beauregard", "Beau" for short.

It looks like such a happy family. It's a pity that it won't last past Monday morning.

I'm not quite showing you the day in the order that it has happened so far. Before I left this morning, I decided to get started on the slate floor for the kitchen of the Clockwork Cottage. I measured the room and cut out a piece of illustration board. Then I went to paint it.

This is how you get ready to paint......First you squeeze the paint out on a paper plate. Shoo Mookie away. Get a small glass of water for the wash. Turn your back to find the brush that you need. Turn back and quickly grab the camera. For once I didn't miss the shot. Then you shoo the cat away and paint. He walks across the floor that I am painting. Shoo the cat away again. Turn the floor over to paint the back side with water so that it won't warp. Grab the tap dancing cat from the wet illustration board and drop him back on the floor where he belongs. I weighted the floor with wax paper and a book and left. I would show you the floor, but it isn't all that interesting. I just smeared paint all over it so that when I put the leather paper(slate) on it there will be grout between the pieces.

Now, about what I managed to find besides Beau. The first stop I made was at Ace Hardware hobby section where I got some railroad greenery and some small scale stone block paper. Then I stopped at Michael's. All I could find for my 40% off coupon was a roll of white floral tape. Then I went to the mini shop for the dog. Last of all, I am now the proud owner of a Better Homes and Gardens from 1959 and a Mc Calls magazine from 1969. I paid a dollar a piece at the Assistance League Thrift Store.

I am now going to go take a few hours off and read my NEW magazines. I love the old recipes that I find in this kind of magazine. I peeked inside of them before I bought them. Yes, that's Twiggy on the cover! They make me want to do a "Mid-century Modern" something. I'm not sure what.

See you tomorrow.

5 comments:

Katie said...

First let me say I love the new dog! Beau is going to very happy in his new home, with his new Owner. Looks like everyone wins.....so where are all the cats? I know you've got a few hiding somewhere!!

And LMAO at Mookie....He's bored Momma! He just can't let you have all the fun...and I'm sure he's thinking "Hey! Look someone put a glass of water here Just for me...." LOL

Caseymini said...

Katie, not only does Mookie tap dance, he talks on the phone. Every time I get a call or make one he gets up as close as he can and keeps meowing through the whole conversation. I have had two people in the last week think that I had a baby crying in the background. He carries on what he thinks is a conversation. He is very vocal, being part Siamese.

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh when I saw the picture of Mookie. My cat Misty, is fanatical about my paint water. I have to keep a lid on the water container to keep her out of it which is a nuisance when I'm trying to paint. I dont mind so much if its clear water but once it is full of paint I don't think it can be too good for her.

MiniKat said...

Now everyone in the little triangle has a canine companion! Perhaps the dogs can work together to keep their people out of trouble.

Mookie is a hoot! Has he ever called someone on his own? After every call I make I have to call FH's work number on our phone because the cats will walk across the buttons, hit the hands free setting, and then hit redial.

Their daddy has been called a few times this way.

Caseymini said...

Kat, I don't have that problem because we have all upright phones. My problem is thevery. Mookie can open any completely closed door in the house(except the outside ones). He jumps up and pulls down on the lever type handles and puts his weight against the door at the same time. Then Widget who likes to play "go fetch" runs in and grabs things. I have a photo somewhere that shows him running towards me with a small pink flamingo in his teeth. Both of them will play "go fetch just like a dog. Mookie prefers small hot glue sticks for the game. I can't tell you how many of those I have lost over the years. They don't go through the gun very well once that they are bent out of shape and have teeth marks in them. I also have to hide chenelle stems.